New to kegging mini regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vongo

Reaction score
I purchased a mini dual system from williams brewing. 2.5 gallon keg with mini paintball regulator. Looking for anyone who has this system and has tips on getting a perfect pour with the mini system. Tons of foam now.
Thanks!

How long is your beer line? What pressure are you serving at?

It is probably from your system being unbalanced more than the actual regulator type.

I hate to do this to you, but do a search on foam in keg beer. there is a link somewhere that details how to balance a system. I had a similar probably and it turned out to be a combonation of the beer not being cold enough, and my lines being too short.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Dave

3 feet of beer line and serving at about 4psi. Seems I should have chilled the keg before I hit it with gas... Sound like this could be the issue? I will search for system balancing.

Nailed the perfect pour this evening. Kegs are fantastic. Now I just need more of them. Thanks for the help.

I am having the same foaming problem with the same mini regulator using a picnic tap. What did you do with your lines and all?

Also it uses up the CO2 (78g) too quick. I tested and hooked it up with a brand new keg and new cartridge, set it to 4 psi and left it alone. Next day, the co2 was gone. I didnt even pour any beer from it. My keg doesnt leak, so Im not sure whats going on. I know the regulators have a release to release keg pressure as you turn down the regulator.

Back