Gluten Free Recipe Books

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gluten Free

Reaction score
Hello all,
Two years ago I was diagnosed as gluten intolerant & I can't drink beer since.
That's the reason why I got into home brewing and so far tried only one 20lt batch of mead (Honey, Orange peel & Ginger).
The result was OK (in comparison to not having beer at all) but it's not my kind of beer – Before I was diagnosed as gluten intolerant I drank mostly Guiness, Leffe, Kilkeny etc.
I understand that there are a lot of Belgium fruit beers which are very good & gluten free.
Though after reading about gluten free home brewing & malting, I found some good info, I would like to have a recipe book dedicated to fruit beers.
Since there are only few people dealing with home brewing in Israel and even less that are brewing non barley grains, I ask for your help in finding a book dealing with fruit beers & meads.
It does not have to be all gluten free brewing, just enough for me to have a good start.
Thanks,
Shallev.

I know Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee has a gluton free beer, I buy it for my girlfriends mom (I mean SWMBO's mom) when we go visit her in NYC. Its brewed with Rice extract and sorghum. It actually tastes like a good Miller which im sure you could add some fruit to it when you're fermenting it.

I don't have a recipe for it or know of any books to suggest, so I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable then myself comes by and helps you out. Or you can always ask the brewery, they might help a little in starting to put together gluton free recipe's.

http://www.newgrist.com/

good luck!

I saw a recipe for quinoa ( Keen-wah) beer. You should be able to find that with a google search, No books though maybe you should compile recipes and write it.

Thank you all,
I did read the gluten free threads & most of the serious gluten free brewing sites.
I understand that there is no escape from malting GF grains myself.
I'll probably add some more questions before I start.
Thanks,
Shallev.

Back