Xanthan gum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvanLouis

Reaction score
Anyone ever used this in brewing? I have been baking bread gfree for years with it and wondered if it did anything in beer.

I read that article. Has anyone ever used it? What did you think?

About use xanthan gum in baking bread, I think its process as follows:

First, confirm how about xanthan gum food grade viscosity and how about liquid viscosity that you need mixed into flour for baking bread

Second, confirm mixer or Mixing tank with Mixer in its bottom that can help xanthan gum dissolve into the liquid, I think Mixing tank is good, you can put xanthan gum into mix tank slow with different speed of Mixer

Third, dissolve xanthan gum into liquid by Mixer with different speed or Mixing Tank with mixer of different speed, key point put xanthan gum into liquid slow with process of dissolve

Fourth, use the liquid with xanthan gum and that liquid have good viscosity to knead dough

Above process is just normal way for use xanthan gum, but as xanthan gum application for baking bread or an other food is so complex, especial mix xanthan gum food grade into liquid that need high speed mixer or mix tank with high speed mixer, so normal xanthan gum food grade is not good for family use, it is just good for food factory

Instant xanthan gum food grade, I think it is good for family, as which can dissolve into any liquid that your need by low speed, such as eggbeater

Back