Question about a bottling bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigs007

Reaction score
Is there any particular brand people recommend? I was looking at one from Brewers Best or Midwest supplies. Just curious if anyone has had good or bad luck with them.

Well I cannot say anything about those because I have never used them or a bucket period. I went to walmart and bought a 10 gallon rectangular tote for I think 4 bucks and then bought a 1/2 pvc valve for 5 bucks.

It really does not matter to much what you use as long as it is clean and fits your use. I brew 6 gallon batches so a 5 gallon bucket just would not work and I could not see paying 20 bucks for a fermenter bucket when I got one for 9 bucks with a much better valve.

And take the spigot apart and clean it after use! Just running some hot water through it won't get the wort out of the assembly. You don't want to risk getting an infection later on.

Latest posts

Back