Brewers best ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
musicbymark, I am not sure what detailed questions you need to have answered about the Brewer's Best kit, but I think the quickest way to get an answer would be to contact the Homebrew Shop where you made the purchase.

I haven't been impressed with Brewer's Best customer service so far. I emailed detailed msgs twice this past month re: their Belgian Tripel; still no reply or acknowledgement. Northern Brewer has almost immediate tech support every time I call. Munton's emails responses to questions within a few days usually. I see an 800# for BB, so maybe I'll try that before writing them off. I see they are owned by LD Carlson. Maybe that would be another website to seek support from.

Wow, I have been nothing but impressed with their customer service. I had a problem with something.. they sent a replacement. I had questions.. via email.. replies the next business day. I couldn't be happier

BTW, The Falconers Flight kit was nothing short of awesome. I hope there is more at the supplier next time I go. It's great once a week or so.. but, I'd like their American Ale for a house brew.

So I brewed the bitter kit and it tasted watered down and no hop taste at all. I brewed as per instructions. I then added 6 ounces of Kent goldings hops in a bag to the cold carbed keg to get a taste of hops but after 6 weeks in the kegerator still no hop taste...any guess why?

Does it have a hop smell? What do you call "hop taste"? Just curious as different people perceive tastes somewhat differently. Almost every beer I make I have people tell me its hoppy even when they are super malty. I have had the English Bitter Kit too....not at all a hoppy or malty beer. Its very well balanced which is probably why you think its watered down tasting. If hops are what you want, try an IPA next and you will get hops. Good luck.:mug:

No hop aroma either, I would have expected some of the smell and waste of the goldings hops that I dry hopped.

The beer probably worked out just like it was suppose to. The name Bitter is misleading. In my experience they tend to be very well balanced or slightly on the malty side. I dont dry hop but I would think thats for the aroma more than anything so I cant explain not getting it from yours. Sounds like you may be somewhat of a hop head? Brew up an IPA next and you should be happier with the outcome.

I have to say my first kit was this Milk Stout.. I also screwed it up royally..

But even then it made a decent beer.. won't know how decent for another 2-3 weeks.

But yea, everything is in the kit.. I was going to do the kit again, but the next time not screw it up so bad..

Same for their Oktoberfest.. everything you need. As for the yeast, my stout showed life in 8 hours, and the Oktoberfest (be it fermenting in lower temps) took right at 38 hours.

Funny thing.. the stout I just threw the dry yeast in.. the Oktoberfest I activated it..

Yes, Bitter is a bit misleading. This is a English style.. it's their "pale ale" and is similar to Am Pale Ale.. which is where the first brewers to try this style had their inspiration. The difference is using Am hops and Am grains. I'd suggest going to the BJCP guidelines. You'll see they are loser in alcohol, lower in IBU's and a very different malt profile.. the English being maltier.

Back