Beer Clone Book Question (re-using yeast from Duvel)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearsWickedBrew

Reaction score
So i recently recieved this book as a gift....

Amazon.com: Clone Brews: Homebrew Recipes for 150 Commercial Beers: Tess Szamatulski, Mark Szamatulski: Books

1)I was wondering if anyone has it, or is familiar with it, & whether or not they had good or bad reviews.

2a)I also had a question about the Duvel clone recipe. For yeast, it mentions yeast from Duvel bottle...but it doesn't give any instructions on how to harvest it. Ive seen alot of posts about reharvesting yeast...but I always thought that the yeast was harvested from your fermenter...not your beer....let alone a commercial brew. Which leads me to
2b)Could I just pour a Duvel into unfermented wort & cross my finger for fermentation?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of the best books on clonning out there.....By the second book (I'm not sure which came first) they had developed relationships with the breweries, and actually go a lot of help...They have a good rep in the industry.

Take a listen to this i-view with the authors...it's not about CLone brews, but they talk about it a bit.

May 11, 2006 - Hop Varieties and Schedules
Tess and Mark Szamatulski, authors of "Clone Brews" and "Beer Captured" and owners of Maltose Express Homebrew and Wine Supplies in Monroe, Connecticut, help us make sense out of the many varieties of hops and give us tips on when to add them to the boil.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicbrewing/bbr05-11-06.mp3

Go by the instructions here for bottle harvesting pac man and you'll be able to grow some duvel from bottles...https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/pacman-yeast-starter-video-63855/

Latest posts

Back