Thanks for the Tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just wanted to say thanks for the many tips I picked up over the past few months off of this forum.

today I bottled 4 cases of Cheesefoods Ale and used a few tips I picked up here. First off was to invest $10 for the Auto-syphon racking cane. Oh how sweet it is to transfer the tubing from my sanitizing bucket, connect it to the cane, pump some sanitizing fluid through it and not have to mess with the hoses filled with water and trying not to make a mess on the floor. Just put the hose in the bottling bucket, insert the cane in the car boy, and with two pumps everything is flowing.

Second was the tip for using OxyClean for cleaning carboys. I borrowed an extra one for this brew and after letting it sit for 30 minutes filled with hot water and half a scoop of the cleaner it was sparkling. No more bottle brush for me. I even tried to get some gunk on the bottom of the second carboy to test it an no go. It also was spotless.

Lastly I picked up a bottle with some gunk in it, poured the cleaner from the carboy into the bottle and it came out clean as well. This stuff ROCKS.

Recently some of us have been pondering unanswered threads recently but this should not be one of them... To think 40 people saw this thread and didn't say you're welcome to the nice thank you note you left...

I don't know how I missed this.
I hope you are still brewing away and learning tips that make brewing easier and of course more fun! :mug:

Latest posts

Back