Pumpkin Ale season is a comin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turvis said:
I like saint Arnold's pumpkinator it is a pumpkin porter from a brewery in Houston but only available in a bomber.

With name like ator, are you sure its not a doppelbock

Looks like sam Adams has a new pumpkin ale out....

Sam-Adams-Fat-Jack.jpg

By the reviews it's Sounding to be a pretty good one. Cannot wait to try that and rumpkin!

image-1324441792.jpg

Pumpkin beers are my favorite. Here's my favorite ones so far:

Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
Ofallon Pumpkin
Southern Tier Pumking
Shipyard Pumpkinhead

I've always wanted to try the DFH Punkin but you can't get their beers anywhere around here.

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
...Linus van Pelt 1966

Looks like sam Adams has a new pumpkin ale out....

Sam-Adams-Fat-Jack.jpg

By the reviews it's Sounding to be a pretty good one. Cannot wait to try that and rumpkin!
Looking forward to this,I would say I kinda enjoy their small batch series so far. And dont forget to try a Shipyard "Smashed Pumpkin" I think its awsome.

I have a Southern Tier Pumpking that I saved from last year that I am waiting to pop open. I figured it will either be amazing or taste like a dirty ball sack, but I am willing to risk balls for greatness!

My Favorites are as follows:

Smuttynose Pumpkin
DFH Punkin
Southern Tier Pumking
Cisco Pumple Drumkin
and Avery Rumpkin.

How long has Avery been doing the rumpkin? I had last years batch and I couldn't even come close to finishing the meager 12oz bottle. Thought it was way too overpowering with rum/alcohol flavor. Especially for the price.

One of my favorite pumpkin beers is Harpoon Brewery's UFO Pumpkin. It is very limited unfortunately, but delicious. Other favorites are ST Pumking (pumpkin pie spice bomb, a little sweet), and Heavy Seas pumpkin. We're brewing 1 straight and 1 with bourbon in a month. Looking forward to all the great pumpkin beers.

I would have to say Smuttynose makes a damn fine pumpkin ale & is probably my favorite. A big pumpkin ale that is more like a one bottle sipper that is great is Cigar City's Good Gourd. They come in 750ml bottles, which is more than enough. The Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale though I could easily drink a whole 6 pack on multiple occassions!

I contacted Avery about Rumkin......Not sounding very promising! They said they have about half of what they had last year and will have enough for their party. I hope thats not true cause I would really like to try Rumkin! I was invited to the party.....to bad I live in Michigan!

My favorites are Southern Tier Pumking and Cigar City's Good Gourd.

O'fallon Pumpkin Ale is by far and away the best pumpkin ale out there. Schlafly's is a good attempt but it does quite get there. Blue Moon's is also decent. O'fallon just makes it hard to compare too. It is not overspiced, which is common with so many pumpkin ales out there today.

Love Southern Tier Pumking... but after two I forget my name and wake up with my pants off so for multiples I love the Harpoon UFO Pumpkin !!

Back