Graduation party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genes

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to brew for grad party. Most guests are not going to be familiar with craft beer. I am going to brew two batches. What would be two decent styles for non craft beer folks? Right now I'm thinking cream ale and steam.

Cream ale and hefe work best for my family of BMC drinkers. They're quick, easy, and go over well.

The Brewers Best Continental Pilsner with Brew Ferm yeast is a crowd pleaser!

A Blond or a Wit are also excellent choices.

Bull

One caveat.... No lagers. One month till party time.

I would go blonde and pale ale. Those are the two that I have gotten the most sincere compliments on from BMC drinkers.

I made the Cont Pils kit for my daughters grad party. Brewed, fermented for 3 weeks, force carbed and served at aprox 3.5 weeks. First Keg to float!
I also had a Hef and a light ale. They also floated but the Pils went first.

Bull

Make and IIPA and a smoked Russian Imperial Stout and if they don't like it, tell 'em to GTFO! :D

Seriously thought, I'd also look at a mild...

Make and IIPA and a smoked Russian Imperial Stout and if they don't like it, tell 'em to GTFO! :D

Seriously thought, I'd also look at a mild...

You wouldn't be serving it at it's peak! Ha! Do yo think they'd know?

Another option would be to make a 10% batch of Skeeter Pee and watch them pass out.:ban:

i think a Cal Common is a good call - my BMC drinking friends all really liked mine based off of Yooper's Anchor clone

So today was the day. I made a California Common and a belgian/American wheat (65/35) with tons of fruit in the boil. I used DME to help shorten up the day so I could get it all done.

Back