What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time with this one. I like it. Great beer for a hot summer night, me thinks.

ForumRunner_20130325_193903.jpg

TNGabe said:
Wow, OK is as bad as TN. Torpedo at a whopping 7% abv is only available in liqour stores.....

I live about 8 miles from where I26 and I81 cross, in between Johnson City and Kingsport. Hopefully we'll be moving up (literally) soon to Unicoi County. Closer to Asheville, where my wife works and hopefully I will soon, and in the mountains that I miss so much.

Yeah, it sucks not being able to get good beer when you want it. I'm going home in late June for 2 weeks, so hopefully I can pick up some beer that I can't get out here. If I can get anything you can't get, let me know, and I'll bring you some when I go that way. I can't wait to move back for good. Maybe in a few years...

TNGabe said:
How is it? Can you compare it to 90s vintages? I've heard it's not what it used to be, but haven't found out for myself.

I like it quite a bit. Quite honestly, I've never had another gueze so I should probably seek one out for comparisons sake. I'm not too sure what you mean by 90s vintages.

This should remedy a rough Monday!

How is that? Always been passing because of the price. There are cheaper bourbon barrel out there

I like it quite a bit. Quite honestly, I've never had another gueze so I should probably seek one out for comparisons sake. I'm not too sure what you mean by 90s vintages.

He probably means it changed from when it was being released in the nineties. Sounds like for the worst. It's a good cheap gueze and I'm not complaining one bit. Does not match up with 3 frontentien and cantillon

I haven't had that beer since the late 90s and I heard it had changed since then. The bottles used to have the year it was blended on the label and there was a lot of the 95 or 93 as late as early 2000s maybe. I'm only in my 30s, i swear! I've just been spending too much on beer for a long time.

Congrats on the first Geuze! That's great. I think 3 Fonteinen and Tilquin are the other 2 that you can find pretty easy.

DisturbdChemist said:
How is that? Always been passing because of the price. There are cheaper bourbon barrel out there

He probably means it changed from when it was being released in the nineties. Sounds like for the worst. It's a good cheap gueze and I'm not complaining one bit. Does not match up with 3 frontentien and cantillon

Ahh! I would have had to have been drinking in the 90s to know ;) Hell, I didn't start until 2 years ago when I turned 21.

TNGabe said:
I haven't had that beer since the late 90s and I heard it had changed since then. The bottles used to have the year it was blended on the label and there was a lot of the 95 or 93 as late as early 2000s maybe. I'm only in my 30s, i swear! I've just been spending too much on beer for a long time.

Congrats on the first Geuze! That's great. I think 3 Fonteinen and Tilquin are the other 2 that you can find pretty easy.

Awesome, I did not know that but it is definitely interesting. I will check out Tilquin as I think I've seen that around here. I'm just in the beginning stages of spending too much on beer :)

Ahh! I would have had to have been drinking in the 90s to know ;) Hell, I didn't start until 2 years ago when I turned 21.

Get off my lawn! Back in my day, Cantillon was a shelf beer and cabbage only cost a nickel.

Alright - I'm tasting the other homebrew. It's...strange...it tastes strongly of burnt coffee (I used 20% chocolate rye, so I get what I deserve), but it is otherwise enjoyable. Since the bottle was half-full, it is a bit flat, and quite warm. I'll start fridging tomorrow. I'll give it a win, but I'll have to tweak the recipe, so that I'm using more Maris Otter, and less choco-rye. Maybe go for UK Crystal at 10%, and choco-rye at 10%.

Alright, so I'm 4/8, unless the rest of my Rogue kit turns out alright. I suspect that I'm in for a rude awakening, and I have stop using words with the letter 'K,' because of shoddy build quality, courtesy of Samsung.

My first every Pliny. It's very very good but I gotta say Heady Topper is absolutely better in my mind. Possibly even a few other IPAs over this. Don't get me wrong it's still world class but I like a little more fruitiness in my IPAs

Tell me that pint glass is one of a set of four. And tell me that you have the other three. And tell me that you are willing to sell them to me.

DisturbdChemist said:
Sampling my trippel that I just kegged. It's needs to warm up slightly but me likely. 9.6% of goodness

I'm assuming I'll be trying this eventually. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
eandersen said:
My first every Pliny. It's very very good but I gotta say Heady Topper is absolutely better in my mind. Possibly even a few other IPAs over this. Don't get me wrong it's still world class but I like a little more fruitiness in my IPAs

It is very very good, but it used to be better. I'm not sure what's changed but its drifted a little. I think if it wasn't filtered it would be equal to HT.

DisturbdChemist said:
Of course and so will Karbach. Gotta get the trub off the bottom of the keg before I bottle a few

Yeah, I wish I would've known about that competition in time. I might have had to brew one up.

ja09 said:
Just got a case shipped to me and damn..keeps getting better and better. Pretty sure it's dry hopped with crack rocks.

So good it deserves a place on the mantle, but somehow I don't think the wifey's as pumped as I am :ban:

I'm jealous.

Back