29mm Capping Bell for Wing-style Capper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Here's my dealy. I work part-part-time at a local wine & beer shop to support my habit. Anyway, between me and my friends, some of whom also work there, I end up with a bunch of 29mm-opening belgian bottles that I can't use...because I have a winged capper that only works on standard bottles. I also "inherited" a bunch of 29mm caps.

Looking on AHS, I see an adapter for the 29mm caps, but it only works with the Agata bench capper. Does anyone know if any HBS sells adapter bells for the winged cappers?

Hey thats pretty sweet. I have a bunch of those bottles but I was going to put mead in them and cork them. Ill have to look into this. Thanks for bringing it up.

- magno

Hey so, are these like the Ommegang/Chimay type bottles? I was trying to find a way to cork them easily without using a corker (partly because I don't have many and didn't want to spend a lot on equipment).

I have a Red Baron Capper and I just use the smaller bell. It is a tight fit and it sticks a little bit, but it has worked fine every time that I have used it. I just have to make sure I turn around the metal grip plates.

Oh, heyllllll yeauh! Just bought one. Thanks Zoebisch!

zoebisch01 said:
Hey so, are these like the Ommegang/Chimay type bottles? I was trying to find a way to cork them easily without using a corker (partly because I don't have many and didn't want to spend a lot on equipment).

No, those don't accept caps of any kind. They're designed primarily for corks & cages. I think, to reuse those, you need to buy a corker. Not worth all that. But a $3 crown? Definitely worth it. These bottles look just like regular 750's, but the lip/opening is a little bigger. Sometimes (see: Fantome) Belgians will put a cork in this kind, then cap it. A fail-safe, I guess.

Evan! said:
Oh, heyllllll yeauh! Just bought one. Thanks Zoebisch!

No, those don't accept caps of any kind. They're designed primarily for corks & cages. I think, to reuse those, you need to buy a corker. Not worth all that. But a $3 crown? Definitely worth it. These bottles look just like regular 750's, but the lip/opening is a little bigger. Sometimes (see: Fantome) Belgians will put a cork in this kind, then cap it. A fail-safe, I guess.

Ahh, ok cool. Good to know. Btw, they are a pretty good place to order from. They seem to ship fairly fast, but they don't send tracking info just so you know. But I have done about 2 or 3 orders from them and both were good experiences.

Back