twine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first year but so take this with a grain of salt. I originally purchaed the sisal twine but decided to take it back and get the sisal rope.. it is pretty cheap and can be picked up at lowes/home depot.. I dont know how it will work but from doing some reading I heard people had issues with the twine not lasting all season..Good luck..I Need to get out and hang it up today.

I've yet to have twine last a season and I've grown for five seasons. This year it's going to be 3/8 rope.

You don't have to use natural rope for twine...synthetic will do if you rough it up a bit... I used a 3/8 inch hemp rope and it lasted last season quite well.

Not sure what I'll use yet. I just know that it won't be the twine again. It's fine until the cones start forming and somewhere in the yard I have a bine on the ground. Too much stress for this laid back guy:mug:

I used the thicker portion of the twine for the last two years. And in the end of the season or being more specific, In September, its starts breaking. This is it...

Back