my watermelon mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james93711

Reaction score
made a 5gal batch of watermelon mead, i was concerned cause ive seen on here that its a flop.. its doing its thing but theres some dark foam in there. its bubbling once every 2 seconds. i kinda wanna rack it into another 5gal bottle. would the exposure mess it up? i used chunks of watermelon didnt juice it or anything. its my first batch, i dont want it to be a complete waste.

I've not tried doing watermelon yet and have certainly heard that its difficult to get right and can take a long time to age regardless. That said, my only piece of advice is to not panic, nothing sounds bad yet from what you have said. If you want more exact advice from others I would get a pic of the foam and list your exact recipe here.

i was looking at other pics of mead fermenting and it looks the same as some. not much foam. im thinging im gonna let it ride. gonna strain into the secondary with some pantihose get all the grit out. gonna melt alot of watermelon jolly ranchers and drop them in there too. hopefully its gonna be alright, ive read that the grit is the worst part of using watermelon. is a bubble every 1sec in the airlock good? should i rack it when it bubbles like 2-3 times a minute? thanks all...

Latest posts

Back