whirlpool with false bottom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrStrangeBrew

Reaction score
do i still need to create whirlpool in kettle if i have a false bottom? i guess what im asking is does creating a whirlpool do anything else besides bring all the hot break and debris to the center? and would doing something like that cause my false bottom too clog?

No, I have a false bottom in my kettle also. After I shut the boil down I let it sit for 10 or so minutes and the hops settle evenly onto the false bottom and create a nice filter. Then I pump out nice clear wort. I also have a stainless scrubbie at my dip tube under the false bottom and it does a nice job on pellets but I always try to use enough whole leaf to create a filter.

cool so you use a stainless scrubbie like one of those SOS pads without the chemicals obviously. i was thinking of making one of those DIY hop bags to help to. so i guess i should b good then. mite look into scrubbie thing also since it seems to be working out for you.

Latest posts

Back