What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get to go to any breweries while you where here?

We had Cigar City on the agenda, but we found out once we got there that there weren't any tours available for Tuesday (the only day we could go) and my dad and brother said they didn't want to go just for the tasting room. I wanted to go, but I decided to just go with the flow in the interest of family relations. Sorry I couldn't get together for a drink. The week was packed with **** and I couldn't get away

Crown Valley IIPA. Solid beer from a nice brewery in Missouri. Very citrus and floral hop aromas, bitterness is firm and asserts itself well as a IIPA, but it's not overbearing. Malt backbone is solid but restrained. Nice beer and would like to try more from this brewery.

ForumRunner_20130719_235058.jpg

Gatorade. Gotta hydrate and square myself away so I can start bright and early again in the morning. KILL

dcHokie said:
Yeah, I've enjoyed most of the SS stuff, especially Athene. Definitely some variations, but this was the first that was really off. My buddy from FL made it sound like Bob has his brewery in a storage locker, not too far off I guess.

If you watch the video, that's pretty much what it is. The manager of my local liquor said if you go there in a bottling day, Bob will have you corking and labeling bottles, and pay you in beers. I'm going to make sure I go on a bottling day!

nukebrewer said:
We had Cigar City on the agenda, but we found out once we got there that there weren't any tours available for Tuesday (the only day we could go) and my dad and brother said they didn't want to go just for the tasting room. I wanted to go, but I decided to just go with the flow in the interest of family relations. Sorry I couldn't get together for a drink. The week was packed with **** and I couldn't get away

That blows, but family comes first. I was excited to see your reaction to the crazy sh*t they have in the taproom, they use their old brewery as the pilot system and come up with some really cool stuff. They barrel age, fruit, nitro, and age on additives (chicory, graham cracker, mango, papaya, peach, ect.) any and everything in the taproom. Hopefully you got to pick up some beers to take home with you.

If you watch the video, that's pretty much what it is. The manager of my local liquor said if you go there in a bottling day, Bob will have you corking and labeling bottles, and pay you in beers. I'm going to make sure I go on a bottling day!

Awesome. In my experience, brewery volunteer time is always worth it...and fun in the process

Crown Valley IIPA. Solid beer from a nice brewery in Missouri. Very citrus and floral hop aromas, bitterness is firm and asserts itself well as a IIPA, but it's not overbearing. Malt backbone is solid but restrained. Nice beer and would like to try more from this brewery.

Let me know when you're ready to try their other beers. Their normal IPA is mediocre but I have access to everything they brew.

Carb sample from a 5gal"starter" of 1968. Still totally flat (leaky Taprite=minimum c02), but awesome beer, you would swear it is a milk-stout. If I didn't use this cake to hammer out a 1.114 imperial, I would definitely wash and re use it. I think I found the yeast for my coffee brown v3.

I guess I'm playing with myself tonight :)....carb sample of my first saison, Nelson-black pepper, fermented with Belle Saison @ stupid-high Florida garage temps. Tastes promising, I can't wait until it's carbed.

I guess I'm playing with myself tonight :)....carb sample of my first saison, Nelson-black pepper, fermented with Belle Saison @ stupid-high Florida garage temps. Tastes promising, I can't wait until it's carbed.

Haha.. playing. With yourself ... I do that quite often. ... well still drinking my ipa.. still good. Even warm.
:tanked:

tripplehazzard said:
I ferment with ambient temps all the time

Ambient garage temps in Florida, right now is about 98-103 degrees. That's with an average humidity of 85%+. I did chill to 64 degrees before I removed it from the ferm chamber.

TNGabe said:
You didn't lick the toad did you?

My 'FBA' :D

:D No, but that damn toad pissed all over my garage floor once I netted him. Looked like a shot a deer and dragged it.

LoloMT7 said:
U know he did!

I was buzzed. Not that buzzed. Haha

coldcrash said:
I would have expected him to "smash" it.

Who knew you were a conservationist? :D

No reason to kill a huge toad! None!

Currently drinking water. Going to smash some beers later today at my family's barbecue. Cheap beer. :(

Remmy said:
:D No, but that damn toad pissed all over my garage floor once I netted him. Looked like a shot a deer and dragged it.

I was buzzed. Not that buzzed. Haha

No reason to kill a huge toad! None!

Currently drinking water. Going to smash some beers later today at my family's barbecue. Cheap beer. :(

Should have brought it to the BBQ

Never too early. Never.

image-2972465454.jpg

On another note, the same toad popped-up in front of my house this morning as I was trimming the plants. Weird. Wonder if he came back for beer? I netted him again and this time, I let him loose way down at the end of my driveway deeper into the woods. I better not see him tomorrow.

Frogs & toads eat insects,like bats do. Ladybugs eat aphids & mites. so they could be trying to tell you something in there own way. first,for example,you get flys,etc. then you get spiders. The you get those bigger,silverfish lookin buggers that eat the spiders. See how life is a circle? They are def part of the organic system. And yeah,Torpedo is def good on a weekend morning sometimes. Or Some Oskar Blues...:mug:

Coffee got a long day ahead of me got to figure out how to pull two gigs in one day one bachelor party and one bachelorette party :confused: :-O good thing is they both pay $375.00 each woot woot :)

Back