Nashville Home Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phishermen32

Reaction score
Hey everyone, as you can see I am new to Homebrewtalk, and I also will soon be a noon Nashville resident. I will be living most likely in Easy Nashville and really just wanted to reach out and see what the home brew community is like. Any suggestions for a local shop would be great and suggestions for good place to buy ready to drink beer would be great. I have only been to Nashville once so far, but will be a full time resident come July.

Thanks!:mug:

You'll have a great community up there. Talk to some folks in the Music City Brewers. I attended their competition last year and we just had a total blast.

You'll be pretty close to Rebel Brewer, and a hydroponics/homebrewing shop called All Seasons. Good luck and welcome to TN!

I lived in Nashville a couple years ago. We used to go to Midtown. Check out the wine store half too because that's where the high gravity beers are. I see there's a new one called Grace's Plaza Wine and Spirits in the Green Hills area. You can go to the beeradvocate.com directory for a complete list with reviews, links to websites, etc.

If you're ever headed up I-65 you can stop in Bowling Green, KY. I used to go to Greenwood or Chuck's (or both).

As far as LHBS, I think both All Seasons and Rebel Brewer are great stores. I don't think Rebel Brewer was open then, but I've ordered from them.

I'm in Nashville. Welcome. I haven't joined up with a club so I can't comment on that but I love Rebel Brewer for supplies. (All Seasons has been fine too but they're more pricey.) As for ready-made beer, there's Yazoo Brewing Co., with a taproom open Thurs.-Sat. They sell pints, growlers and kegs. The store Frugal MacDoogal's has a pretty good beer selection (note: that's relative, as a lot of good breweries--Founders, Bell's, etc.--don't distribute to TN) As previously mentioned, low gravity & high gravity beers are sold in separate locations... Below 6% is sold in grocery & beer stores; above is sold only in liquor stores. Frugal MacDoogal has both stores side-by-side.

Years ago I travelled for a company that made audio mixing consoles, so I went to nashville for a while. I would always stop at All Seasons and they were great people.

There is also a brew pub, Blackstones, where Dave Miller was the brewmaster. I thought they had great beer.

Back