wheat/raspberry wheat racked to secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerLuvnGrl

Reaction score
well i racked my wheat today.. did 1/2 and 1/2 (which ended up a little more due to i fermented about 6 gallons i think) .. 1/2 i racked with 1 can Oregon Raspberry Puree and 1/2 i just racked as wheat.. im going to add cherry extract to that one about 3 days before bottling..

i gotta say watching that stuff ferment was awesome! but it had definately finished by today so secondary it went.. im looking forward to watching the raspberry and hoping that i get a good beer.

this is a bit of an experiment for me.. just trying my best i suppose to get that good "girl" beer. LOL

so heres the pics of the wonderful wheats! :) :ban:

142bpev.jpg

as usual any and all advice or suggestions are greatly welcome!

Good luck with the raspberry puree and keep everybody posted! The last time I tried to use any actual fruit (not extract flavoring) was in a cranberry ale with 6 lbs. of crushed crans steeped in corn sugar. It ended up being 5+ gallons of sludge!

(Not to scare you, just give it sufficient time to clear!)

BREW ON:mug:

Oregon Raspberry Puree is a good product. How big a can do you have?

Cranberries are tough critters, I would have run them through a blender or a meat grinder and maybe cooked them a bit. I put fruit in extra large grain bags, that way you can hang them over the fermentor and let them drip if necessary.

i used a 3 lbs 1 oz can for 2.5 gallons of beer...

i hope i dont end up with sludge but if i do .. i have about 3 gallons in another carboy to drink huh?

Back