• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Better Bottle Fermenters - 6 Gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
indibrewer said:
I was watching one deal on ebay few weeks back. It was sold for 38 shipped with valve and racking adaptor but no closure or airlock.

Damn, if I got my hands on that, I could've turned it around on here for $100!

I would take one without the closure and airlock but everything else. How much do you want for it shipped?

jbaysurfer said:
You're the one selling gear. The onus is on you to demonstrate value, not prospective buyers. LOL @ me contributing to this thread, but as I'm in the market for 6G better bottles I dared think I might find a "deal" on a used one!

$60 Brand new:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/6-gallon-better-bottle-with-racking-adapter-high-flow-valve.html

Late for the party. Meh. Oh well.

I don't have to demonstrate squat. I put up the items and I set a price based on the cursory research i did of a few vendors at that time,, right or wrong. If an interested buyer points out to me that xyz homebrew supply is selling them for x price that's why you should sell them to me for y price, I'm likely to cut a deal. Unless you type things like "meh", then it's full price or no deal!

I've sold almost 10k worth of brewing stuff on this site, including these bottles, so its all good. No, I'm not a vendor.

beradthefish said:
I've sold almost 10k worth of brewing stuff on this site, including these bottles, so its all good. No, I'm not a vendor.

So in just 60 posts you've already sold $10k worth of gear on this site?

I don't have to demonstrate squat. I put up the items and I set a price based on the cursory research i did of a few vendors at that time,, right or wrong. If an interested buyer points out to me that xyz homebrew supply is selling them for x price that's why you should sell them to me for y price, I'm likely to cut a deal. Unless you type things like "meh", then it's full price or no deal!

OK guy. You don't have to demonstrate squat.

Damn, if I got my hands on that, I could've turned it around on here for $100!

So you're here to make a buck, not learn or contribute?

So you're here to make a buck, not learn or contribute?

There's no profit for me in selling all of the things I've sold this year, I'm just getting out of the hobby altogether. This was all of my equipment. I've participated mildly in this forum, extensively in others, and I've learned a lot throughout the years right here on HBT.

^ Dude just close the thread and stop power tripping already. It's the internet tough guy. Chill out. I came because I was in the market for better bottles. Why the hell are you here policing everybody? I guess you're all sold out of your 10k worth of product because anyone who came here interested in your product has gotten berated.

Unsubbed, get your juvenile last word power tripper post in...3, 2, 1....

^ Dude just close the thread and stop power tripping already. It's the internet tough guy. Chill out. I came because I was in the market for better bottles. Why the hell are you here policing everybody? I guess you're all sold out of your 10k worth of product because anyone who came here interested in your product has gotten berated.

Unsubbed, get your juvenile last word power tripper post in...3, 2, 1....

Blastoff!

I knew this was coming, the personal attacks, I guess I struck a nerve. I'm not power tripping, policing or berating anyone man, I'm just responding to posts in my thread as they come and I'm responding in an honest adult fashion. Now it's just a distraction for me to break up and lighten this evening's monotony. I'm not going to close the thread.

LoL I love this thread. A lot. I'm so glad it's still going after items are sold. NEVER CLOSE THIS THREAD!!

Just to point out, beradthefish is a Premium supporter, meaning he did pay real money to support this website.
So he has contributed.

Probably someone who made an offer, instead of just bitching and whining about the price.

ArcLight said:
Just to point out, beradthefish is a Premium supporter, meaning he did pay real money to support this website.
So he has contributed.

Good point. That much is true. However, his 60+ posts ALL deal with selling stuff here. When someone points out they saw a Better Bottle on eBay for $38, his response is basically too bad I missed it, I could have sold it here for $100 and turned a tidy profit. Rubs me the wrong way I guess.

jfrizzell said:
Good point. That much is true. However, his 60+ posts ALL deal with selling stuff here. When someone points out they saw a Better Bottle on eBay for $38, his response is basically too bad I missed it, I could have sold it here for $100 and turned a tidy profit. Rubs me the wrong way I guess.

I said that, yes, I did. , I assure you I was 100% joking. If I could pull that kind of scam off, well, I wouldn't! Relax a little! Have a homebrew!

Not all 60 of my posts deal with selling for the record, although most of them do.

So who paid that much money for the bottles again?

I bought the bottles. I was wanting to buy new, compared to the NB pricing it was a decent deal. He explained his pricing and included pics. I made a lower offer and got them. They have shipped already. Not a bad experience so far.

BTW I think the accessories for Better Bottle ARE overpriced to begin with, but I've got a sour that needs transferred on to oak and don't want to disturb the pellicle with a siphon, so these should be ideal.

:mug:

robster said:
I bought the bottles. I was wanting to buy new, compared to the NB pricing it was a decent deal. He explained his pricing and included pics. I made a lower offer and got them. They have shipped already. Not a bad experience so far.

BTW I think the accessories for Better Bottle ARE overpriced to begin with, but I've got a sour that needs transferred on to oak and don't want to disturb the pellicle with a siphon, so these should be ideal.

Your satisfaction is guaranteed sir. Enjoy. Any issues (none expected) will be corrected.

Now check out this .gif of me:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1696880_o.gif

I'll give you 70 a piece :p

DaBills said:
I'll give you 70 a piece :p

Sheiße! I have to get back to the post office before it's too late! Screw you Robster! I better add a ha ha ha to this so some of these uptight fellows don't think that I'm serious. So, ha ha ha. Also, the .gif is not actually me, it's Scrooge McDuck, a cartoon character swimming in cartoon money. It should also not be construed as a representation of me, I don't actually have a large room filled with coins and equipped with a diving platform. However, if I convert to Zimbabwean dollars, it could be possible!

I would just like to say that this thread has been most entertaining. And while you may or may not agree with the OPs pricing or outlook I give him props for maintaining civility even when attacked. He was snarky and sarcastic at times yes but did not stoop to ugly attacks and maintained a sense of humor throughout. I am glad you were able to find a buyer now let's all relax, have a home brew and find another thread to blow up! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back