putting soda from 2 liter bottles into corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
can i just put soda into a corny and pour it from my beer faucet. what pressure would i use to keep it carbed and still pour well.

would longer liquid lines let me use a higher pressure in the keg ans still make a good pour from the faucet

yes, must be very cold first & chill the keg.
35 psi
20 ft of 3/16ths

What I do is buy soda concentrates & keep a keg of carbonated water on tap.

wait, i can just get soda concentrates, and pour them in carbed water? this is even getting cheaper. sweet.

do you have a good place to get them

i have 10 foot lines now. do i need to go to 20 foot lines? is it worth trying the 10 footers, of should i just go with the longer lines right away.

Paging BigKahuna!

I know the BK keeps a corny full of soda transplanted from 2l bottles. Give him a shout -- I bet he can give some tips.

I buy my concentrates from sodaclub.com, but stores that cater to restaurants will almost always have them.

You can also make your own syrups and add them to carbonated water. Look up some ginger ale syrup recipes. They're easy to make, albeit a bit messy, and I guarantee you you'll enjoy it more than store bought stuff.

I know this is a old post.. I trying to fill a corney with 2 liter diet cokes. Put 35 psi on keg with almost a 40 ft beer line. Perlick flowcontrol faucette and I still blow foam !

Maybe 35psi is over carbonated the Diet coke? I'm losing my mine trying to figure this out.

Hi all. I know this is an old post, but still...I have been a few months now looking for solutions to a similar problem than the one explained by JayHarvey in the previous post.
The thing is, I wanted to fill my 5 gallon Keg with 2 liter (=67,6 Oz) diet cokes. I am carbonating at 25 psi and 40º, and no matter how long is my 3/16" line (I tried from 10 to 60 or more feet, nothing worked), that the final result is a completely messy and foamy dispensing. I use a Perlick flowcontrol faucet also (I tried different options, none worked). I mantain both the line and the faucet in the same temperature as the keg.
But here is the shocking point (at least for me...): I use the same set up with just carbonated water, and it works just fine. So I think the chemical / ingredients of the liquid play a very important role in the decarbonation of the liquid. I guess the diet coke from a 2 liter bottle have just more nucleation points where the bubbles can grow...
Any ideas on how can I make it work?

Back