Corny Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xokeman

Reaction score
Just getting into Rootbeer making only. I have only made 2 Gallons so far via the Mr. Rootbeer method but have purchased a regulator and am going tomarrow to look at some other equipment for purchase.

What would be the point in kegging root-beer if I don't plan to serve it to the masses.

And what would be the point if I don't have a large enough freezer to store my kegs in once they are filled with my premix? Is it prefered to bottle from these kegs instead?

I plan to eventually sell my brew at the local farmers market in bottles.

What would be the point in kegging root-beer if I don't plan to serve it to the masses.
If you (or only a few people constantly there (kids, swmbo, etc) really like drinking rootbeer and want to have 5 gallons onhand.

And what would be the point if I don't have a large enough freezer to store my kegs in once they are filled with my premix? Is it prefered to bottle from these kegs instead?

Not sure about that point if you can't chill it and keep it cold. You'd need it cold to bottle it as well. See the sticky about beer guns in the kegging subforum. Even if you chill the keg using a cooler/bucket/utlity tub, and a lot of ice. When you try bottling warm, you lose the co2.

Back