raisin wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will_Tingle

Reaction score
How would I go about making it?

My guess is: Boil and blend a good old ammount of raisins, and then treat it like cartoned fruit juice - how close am I?

I've seen recipes about, the hardest bit you'll find is getting the raisins ground up suitably, it's a real pain in the butt.

Raisins are table grapes left out in the sun to dry out. Wouldn't raisin wine be like dehydrated water? Am I missing something here? Raisins are usually a low quality grape and not the best for wine making. Very low sugar content. I suppose it would be like prune juice instead of plum juice?

Here, I found that recipe I'd spotted before winemaking: requested recipe (Raisin Wine)
Thanks!

Raisins are table grapes left out in the sun to dry out. Wouldn't raisin wine be like dehydrated water? Am I missing something here?
Yes, you would expect raisin wine to be, well, wine, but its very different.

Lindis Farn do a delisious "black beer and Raisin wine" which they briefly had to discontinue as it was fortified (with the addition of the black beer) and replace with a "Black malt and raisin wine" - I guess they got thier licensing sorted out, as the origional version is now available again.

Here, I found that recipe I'd spotted before winemaking: requested recipe (Raisin Wine)
Thanks!

Raisins are table grapes left out in the sun to dry out. Wouldn't raisin wine be like dehydrated water? Am I missing something here?
Yes, you would expect raisin wine to be, well, wine, but its very different.

Lindis Farn do a delisious "black beer and Raisin wine" which they briefly had to discontinue as it was fortified (with the addition of the black beer) and replace with a "Black malt and raisin wine" - I guess they got thier licensing sorted out, as the origional version is now available again.

Well sheet, I dun learned sumtin gnu today. ;) Interesting. I never would have thought of using raisins for wine. Sounds cool.

Hello fellow Brewers. Ive been making wine for about four years now, and three years ago I made a five gallon batch of Jack Keller s Raisin wine. I have made blackberry, peach and blueberry in the past. But the raisin is the best. Everyone who tries it raves about how good it is and want more. I will start another batch this spring, and it is such a pleasant tasting wine with an alcohol content at around 20% that this will be the only wine I will make in the future. All others pale to the raisin. I make a unique label and call it "Dons Raisin Head Wine". (Sorry Jack) Once you become a " Raisin Head" you'll never want to change.

Back