Cornelius Keg Oring Sizes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donasay

Reaction score
I was flipping through the granger catalog looking for washers or O rings that are the same size and material as the O rings that most people use on their Cornelius kegs. There are so many sizes and kinds to choose from that I am a little overwhelmed. I pulled some off of one of my old kegs and took some calipers to them, but don't think I measured properly or the O-rings warped or stretched in use as the diameters don't match up to the stuff in the book.

What sizes do you guys order? I need to get them for the posts, the dip tubes, and an O ring for the lid. Any help with sizing and material type would be helpful, and product numbers if anyone has them would put me forever in your debt.

Look in the "kegging faq's" in the top of this forum. ;) Just buy them all, for one time shipping you'll have enough lid rings for 12 kegs and enough of the others for 50 kegs. Buna-N (I think it's called) is probably the best material for the application.

The dip tube o-rings on all of mine are the square "quattro" style that are supposed to seal easier. The round ones are supposed to work, but I am ordering the quattro ones through grainger today for my kegs.

The 111 rings are for the outside of the ball lock pins. Regular ones work fine.

The 417 gaskets aren't in the regular grainger catalog. They can get them but they are more expensive than McMaster Carr. My sales rep with Grainger tracked them down for me, but they were almost $2 each.

In addition, some people say that the dip tube o-rings can be different between ball lock keg brands. The tubes are slightly different size, but the difference doesn't seem to be great enough to go up or down a size on the o-rings.

I need to find the source for race track lid gaskets.

Back