For All Beginners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhot55

Reaction score
being a beginner myself with 2 done and 1 awaiting, let me reiterate the advice that is giving everywhere by everyone. GIVE IT TIME. Don't panic. If your directions state to give it 3 weeks to condition in the bottle, then give it NO LESS than 3 weeks. YES, 2 weeks and 4 days will be different. That extra 3 days makes a world of difference, so imagine what another week, or 2, or 3,etc will do!!I didn't believe that a few more days would make a noticeable difference, maybe a minute one, but i was wrong- flavors balance and meld, off tastes (sour, alcohol, etc) tend to dissipate, and carbonation tends to perfect itself. Both my AHBS kits- Rogue Skaespeare and Franziskaner Clone made a huge turn after just giving it the allotted time- from being pretty good or a few off tastes- to being DAMN good! It's hard to imagine what another week or 2 would do, i hope they last that long.
Now i've learned, the IPA i have is sitting in the primary and secondary nearly 2x as long as i left the 1st two i did....and i'll leave them in the bottle longer also.

Take this advice from a beginner who knows the trepidation and concern you have after trying one and thinking, "Oh, Sh#t!!"....this is why all the guys say RDWHAHB,and GIVE IT TIME!!!

Thanks for the Advice mhot. I brewed my first batch two weeks ago and I'm going to leave it in the primary for another week before I bottle. I'm itching to try my first brew but I'm patient enough to wait for a total of 6 weeks before I give it a try!!! I've read countless threads and post in this forums and its a given that time will improve your beer.

Back