Hi folks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikegeek

Reaction score
Surfed in to the forum the other day and wished I had found it 2 years ago before I attempted my first brew....great site you have here.

I'm a new resident of Hanover, PA and a recent convert to all-grain brewing. It's been a while since I've brewed due to moving and house renovation, but things are coming together nicely and I should be treating the neighbors to the smell of boiling wort in the next week or so.

The plan for the next couple of months:
Maibock (using the Rogue Pacman yeast, a la Dead Guy Ale)
Saison
Tripel
Flanders Red
Munich Helles
Kolsch

Cheers

Welcome to HBT. :mug:

Quite a lineup you've got there. Maibocks are typically fermented with lager yeast, if I'm not mistaken...but PacMan will make a nice brew nonetheless.

I'm not too far south of you. How do you keep your fermenters cool during these hot months? Just curious. Since my lagerator has a bock in it right now, I've resorted to putting the primary into my util sink, filling it halfway with water, and putting frozen jugs of water into it. I have a pale ale in the middle of primary fermentation right now, and it's holding @ 65f.

You have recipes for any of those batches yet?

Evan! said:
Maibocks are typically fermented with lager yeast, if I'm not mistaken...but PacMan will make a nice brew nonetheless.
Right you are. I really like the Rogue Dead Guy Ale which the brewmaster, John Maier, refers to as a "Maierbock" and describes as "a German-style Maibock made with Rogue's proprietary "PacMan" ale yeast." :)

I'm not too far south of you. How do you keep your fermenters cool during these hot months? Just curious. Since my lagerator has a bock in it right now, I've resorted to putting the primary into my util sink, filling it halfway with water, and putting frozen jugs of water into it. I have a pale ale in the middle of primary fermentation right now, and it's holding @ 65f.

You have recipes for any of those batches yet?
When I was living in VA I was blessed with a basement that hovered around 67f year-round. The previous owners of the house we just bought in PA left a working refrigerator in the basement, so I picked up a temp. controller on Ebay.

I have a couple of the recipes ready to go. Which ones are you interested in?

welcome dude!

Your neighbors will eventually love the smell....and I'm sure that's a bad thing....you'll have to give out HB now

98EXL said:
welcome dude!

Your neighbors will eventually love the smell....and I'm sure that's a bad thing....you'll have to give out HB now
That's what I'm afraid of! :)

Back