GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dale1038 said:
That reminds me there is a good little short documentary called 6 days to South Park, or something like that. It really shows those guys' genius. Spoiler alert....I thought the highlight was when they discuss how they dropped a bunch of acid and then go to the Oscars in dresses.

Ha, yes I've seen it. Good recommendation. A lot of that was filmed in my neighborhood, legend has it that they are around here somewhere.

Moog is a great doc that's also streamable. If you're into music, or electronics, or nice people enjoying their craft - I recommend it.

Mr.Bean the animated series.

It's not irritating like 90% of the kids shows out there.

michael_mus said:
Ha, yes I've seen it. Good recommendation. A lot of that was filmed in my neighborhood, legend has it that they are around here somewhere.

Moog is a great doc that's also streamable. If you're into music, or electronics, or nice people enjoying their craft - I recommend it.

I watched Moog. It was hard to get through for me, and I quite appreciate keyboard Money Mark and Mixmaster Mike due to my Beastie Boys obsession. I appreciated the history behind it, and I'm glad I watched it, but it just DRAGGED..........

I watched Moog. It was hard to get through for me, and I quite appreciate keyboard Money Mark and Mixmaster Mike due to my Beastie Boys obsession. I appreciated the history behind it, and I'm glad I watched it, but it just DRAGGED..........

Interesting. I thought it clipped along pretty well. I do some 'homebrew' music production and own a couple of analog/digital synths. Clearly I'm biased towards enjoying the history there.

Plus, Moog was such a down to earth guy. Looked like a kid at Disney in his office. I dig that view of the entrepreneur/engineer too.

Beasties were great too. Sad to hear we lost one of them already.

Strange one for me. On Hulu "Knife in the Water" I only watched it because I recognised the clip from the trailer for the Criterion collecton (Must have seen it as a young kid.), and was curious.

Its Polanski B&W and subtitled.....it also seems to drag quite a bit most of the time, frankly it was a bit of a slog at the time!.......But when it was over, I was glad I watched it, and I am now enjoying the memory of it if that makes any sense at all!! :cross:

Strange one for me. On Hulu "Knife in the Water" I only watched it because I recognised the clip from the trailer for the Criterion collecton (Must have seen it as a young kid.), and was curious.

Its Polanski B&W and subtitled.....it also seems to drag quite a bit most of the time, frankly it was a bit of a slog at the time!.......But when it was over, I was glad I watched it, and I am now enjoying the memory of it if that makes any sense at all!! :cross:

I found hulu beyond useless. do you recommend another look?

cheezydemon3 said:
I found hulu beyond useless. do you recommend another look?

I also found Hulu to be a total waste. Nothing compelling enough to change my opinion so far.

I also found Hulu to be a total waste. Nothing compelling enough to change my opinion so far.

Even on the wii (which has an interface on most things that is not matched anywhere) Hulu's interface SUCKED!!!

When something is difficult to look through, we use it less.

Amazon on the roku SUCKS compared to netflix on the wii. Amazon has a wii app too now, guess I need to get it. I am procrastinating because there is so much more on the roku, from that standpoint I prefer to use it, even for netflix, in case I feel like switching to something else in mid stream.

The amazon streaming interface for consoles is not very well thought out. If I'm watching a TV show with multiple episodes, why do I have to keep clicking around like an idiot every 30 minutes to watch the next one in the series? It is really annoying.

Granted, Netflix has had more time to refine their interface as they've been doing it longer, but you'd think the other players could at least look at their design and take some useful ideas from it, rather than starting over from scratch.

Ok guys, I have a totally new angle on netflix.

Asian/Korean/Japanese movies.

Certainly not family friendly, but if you want to see some of the grittiest movies being made at the moment then check out Korean movies, Oldboy, I saw the Devil......jaw dropping stuff.

Check out anything by Takeshi Katano(Takeshis castle), he makes some great films, Battle Royale is a good one for starters, his Yakuza films are great too.

Hollywood has some catching up to do on these guys.....

If u like messed up Asian stuff, try Old Boy. Still dunno how i feel about it..... But trailer park boys is always a great show. It's awesome screen play, if you can understand the humor that is...

And there's a bunch of crazy historical Egyptian stuff on there too. Those guys had loads of beer.

If u like messed up Asian stuff, try Old Boy. Still dunno how i feel about it..... But trailer park boys is always a great show. It's awesome screen play, if you can understand the humor that is...

And there's a bunch of crazy historical Egyptian stuff on there too. Those guys had loads of beer.

Oldboy is brilliant, if that one shook you then you should check out "I saw the Devil"....brilliant, messed up, but brilliant.

Never mess with a Korean ;)

Check out anything by Takeshi Katano(Takeshis castle)

Takeshi Kitano

He is known in Japan as Beat Takeshi. Not all of his stuff is great...in fact he has been in a whole lot of low-quality stuff over the years, but he certainly has his moments. He's a funny comedian, too.

Is Battle Royale 2 worth watching?

EDIT* and I tried to watch Old Boy......all I can say is F()CK dubbing.
they do such an awful job, I can't watch.

Archer may be the best cartoon show I've ever seen

Better than the Venture Brothers? If so, maybe I should give it another shot.

Battle Royale is a recent addition, or at least I just noticed it.

and... MacGyver! Ha, insomnia just got a whole lot better for me.

Is Battle Royale 2 worth watching?

EDIT* and I tried to watch Old Boy......all I can say is F()CK dubbing.
they do such an awful job, I can't watch.

Whoops, guess BR1 isn't new on there. It's been a while, but I don't think it's as good as no 1 and quite possibly terrible.

Whoops, guess BR1 isn't new on there. It's been a while, but I don't think it's as good as no 1 and quite possibly terrible.

Battle royale is the Japanese flick right? The ones like Hunger Games. I loved them both. Way better than Hunger Games.

Even on the wii (which has an interface on most things that is not matched anywhere) Hulu's interface SUCKED!!!

When something is difficult to look through, we use it less.

Amazon on the roku SUCKS compared to netflix on the wii. Amazon has a wii app too now, guess I need to get it. I am procrastinating because there is so much more on the roku, from that standpoint I prefer to use it, even for netflix, in case I feel like switching to something else in mid stream.

Amazon wii app blows. It buffers all the time and drops the movies entirely. We have a roku and it's much better.

Came here just to post that!!

(and seriously awesome as archer is, ugly americans is better...to me;))

I agree. But Ugly Americans hasn't put up season 2. Even though I saw it on cable, rewatching it on Netflix is necessary. They are slacking! But I agree, UA is much better, I get the jokes more and I like the whole concept of the show.

I agree. But Ugly Americans hasn't put up season 2. Even though I saw it on cable, rewatching it on Netflix is necessary. They are slacking! But I agree, UA is much better, I get the jokes more and I like the whole concept of the show.

The halloween episode from season 1 is my favorite!!!

Wait!, What? ;)

much better? impossible! we must have different tastes in humor. Mine is the correct one...

Sealab 2021 makes me laugh every time I watch it regardless of how many times I've seen that episode.

well......while all 3 shows are good, opinions will differ. If we are gonna start posting vids, we need a new thread.

Back