Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So whats makes the best kegerator? I want to start looking for something now so if come across it I can snag it. I would like those mini looking ones but I don't like how the CO2 tank is just hanging out on the side, wifey wont like that.

So whats makes the best kegerator? I want to start looking for something now so if come across it I can snag it. I would like those mini looking ones but I don't like how the CO2 tank is just hanging out on the side, wifey wont like that.

I think you are the only one that can answer that question. There are a lot of awesome kegerators on this thread. Which style best suits your needs, taste, and finances?

ya know I really dont have the space for a designated fridge, maybe a mini fridge but I think those are too small. If I could get beer into a keg that would work with a Heineken mini keg machine that would be my best bet.

ya know I really dont have the space for a designated fridge, maybe a mini fridge but I think those are too small. If I could get beer into a keg that would work with a Heineken mini keg machine that would be my best bet.

So a mini fridge is too small, but you want o use heinekin mini kegs?? :confused:

You can fit 2 full cornies in a mini fridge.

well yea, cuz if I could use the Heiny mini keg dispenser thingy then I could leave it on my kitchen counter. That thing is not very big. Something like this if I could fill my own mini keg.

base_media

It is possible, but I dont recall seeing it documented very well on here but I'm sure it might be. [ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=5l+mini+kegs+homebrew&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai="]Here is a quick google search that may work[/ame]

I just finished this today!! woo! just need to find some handles. Have a belgian wheat and a cider ready to force carb.:rockin::rockin:

SDC10631.jpg

do you have a blog that would give a walkthrough on this, I am just waiting to pick up the freezer at this point but this is exactly what I would do if I did mine

also, I recently picked up a 9 tap riser from a bar that went out of business, I think it weighs about 40 llbs, would this be to much for the top?

thanks

/I would post my current rig but I don't have enough posts yet, looks like I have to spam the forums till I get there :)

But they wont have MY brew in them. Or can you refill them?

They are made for homebrew - special tap system and everything. Here is one that I dropped shortly before tapping. :bag:

IMG_9179.jpg

Come on out to Harrisburg, I'll give you my entire setup.

it was a wee heavy with green food coloring in it... it was probably a bit over carbed, and was definitely dropped just prior to tapping. :eek:

Let's focus on the keg system here folks, not my lousy execution - :D lol

Well here is my Kegerator. It is a Marval Kegerator i got a couple years ago. I upgraded from the usual 1 tap tower to a Perlick 3 Tap Tower.

Kegerator_0042.jpg

Still need to pick up one Perlick Faucet, I learned quickly once you have them you cannot go back to using normal faucets. Also looking to pick up a stainless steel drip tray with a drain to replace the old stock one.

Kegerator_009.jpg

The inside of the kegerator. It can hold 3 pin lock corney's, a 5lb CO2 tank and the secondaries so each keg is on its own pressure.

Kegerator_0062.jpg

Chromados

They are made for homebrew - special tap system and everything. Here is one that I dropped shortly before tapping. :bag:

IMG_9179.jpg

Come on out to Harrisburg, I'll give you my entire setup.

Seriosuly?! Shoot me your address, I'm not too far at all.

Why is your beer green looking?

it was a wee heavy with green food coloring in it... it was probably a bit over carbed, and was definitely dropped just prior to tapping. :eek:

Let's focus on the keg system here folks, not my lousy execution - :D lol

I dyed a Wee Heavy and an Irish Red as well this St. Paddy's day. Huge mistake. Food coloring is for BMC; real beer comes out looking like a poluted river.

Your link goes to a barley crusher... but if you mean the 4 1/8" shanks, those will work fine.

Hey, so why do all of the instructions say to drill a 1" hole to install the shanks when they are quite a bit smaller than that?

I never got instructions I don't think. I just measured mine before drilling, and I think I drilled a hole in a scrap of wood to make sure it fit snug before drilling the real thing. I think it was 7/8", but it could've been 1", I forget.

I did mine the other day. The 7/8" hole saw fit the 4-1/8" shanks perfectly. Happened to have one around that came in a hole saw kit to install door knobs.

I never got instructions I don't think. I just measured mine before drilling, and I think I drilled a hole in a scrap of wood to make sure it fit snug before drilling the real thing. I think it was 7/8", but it could've been 1", I forget.

Mine didn't come with instructions either, but the AHS and MoreBeer website descriptions say to drill a 1" hole. Granted I haven't cleared away the insulation behind the shanks yet, so the nut is tight against foam, not wood, it doesn't feel too sturdy. I guess if I have an issue I can find some 1" OD-7/8" ID pipe to stick in there.

Frigidaire 13 cu ft keezer ($38 craigslist) with 4.5" tall wood collar
  • Collar made from a disassembled shelf project. Painted with Mocha Brown spray paint from HD.
  • 4 Perlick tap set up (capable of 6 if the co2 tank is moved outside).
  • 20 lb co2 tank with dual pressure gauge.
  • Tygon B-44-4x tubing (10' beer, 20' sparkling water).
  • 1" pink insulation on the collar which was glued to the freezer top with Liquid Nail.
  • Seal was carefully removed from the freezer top and stapled onto the wooden collar.
  • 90 deg angle bracket painted white and double-sided taped to the freezer.
  • Drip tray mounted to the bracket with velcro so that it can be removed for cleaning.
  • Ranco temperature controller is double-sided taped to the freezer. I may install a dehumidifier during the summer months.
CIMG1578.jpg

CIMG1579.jpg

CIMG1581.jpg

CIMG1582.jpg

CIMG1583.jpg

CIMG1584.jpg

Frigidaire 13 cu ft keezer ($38 craigslist) with 4.5" tall wood collar
  • Collar made from a disassembled shelf project. Painted with Mocha Brown spray paint from HD.
  • 4 Perlick tap set up (capable of 6 if the co2 tank is moved outside).
  • 20 lb co2 tank with dual pressure gauge.
  • Tygon B-44-4x tubing (10' beer, 20' sparkling water).
  • 1" pink insulation on the collar which was glued to the freezer top with Liquid Nail.
  • Seal was carefully removed from the freezer top and stapled onto the wooden collar.
  • 90 deg angle bracket painted white and double-sided taped to the freezer.
  • Drip tray :off:mounted to the bracket with velcro so that it can be removed for cleaning.
  • Ranco temperature controller is double-sided taped to the freezer. I may install a dehumidifier during the summer months.

Very nice!
I like the low cost and reused materials. :mug:
Do you supply a separate CO2 pressure for the water? It looks like it may be 25 psi?

I have the start of a keezer. My wife just picked this up for me, today. These are the pics from the Craigslist ad. It's an old 23 cu ft kenmore. $200. My plan is to paint it black with some rattle Krylon Fusion paint. Build a double hinged 8" collar stained pretty much the color of Quaffers. Also, a dolly on the bottom with a 8" collar around the base of the freezer to hide the casters. The goodies will be 4 perlick 525SS faucets and one nitro faucet all individually regulated.

Of course, this project will have to wait a few months for me to get home :ban:

keezer01.jpg

keezer02.jpg

Very nice!
I like the low cost and reused materials. :mug:
Do you supply a separate CO2 pressure for the water? It looks like it may be 25 psi?

Yeah, I like reusing existing material and keeping them out of land fills.

The sparkling water tap was a big teaser to my wife so that I can justify a keezer setup.

I'm trying different pressures 25-30 psi to see what the optimum level is. I have a spare secondary regulator so I may step down from the higher pressure to carb something like a Belgium alongside the sparkling water.

The other regulator is set at 12 psi and supplies a 4 way distributor.

Back