Food safe glue for a mash paddle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photopilot

Reaction score
I made a mash paddle yesterday out of cherry. I think it will be strong enough to stir but not strong enough to withstand the drop it suffered. A few of the center pieces fell out. I think the board had a crack in it to have caused this.

I think it would hold up to the task with some glue but wondering if Titebond III would cause some chemistry issues with a mash. Any other suggestions for a glue?

I will probably pick up some maple to try another one today.

will it be quicker to get another 1x3 board, and drill a few holes in it after shaping?
i think my mash paddle took me an hour or so.(my second one was much simpler than my first.)

==
edit
=
I'd stay away from resourcinol (other than formaldehide its PERFECT for this)

go with a little t3, and can you pin the pieces back in w/ SS screws?

I will try TBIII

I also bought a chunk of Maple to try again. I will make some more but want this cherry one to just see it finished. All my carboys and most of my kegs are filled I have some free time on my hands.

Cherry does darken beautifully. I did a few cutting boards from cherry and used polyurethane glue (Gorilla Glue). Worked great and has stood up to plenty of washing.

-Joe

Back