Brewpastor's Walk-In Build Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Here are some of walk-in build pictures. I am slowly moving ahead and got some of the sheet-rock up yesterday.

You can see my Irish Coffin in place and my the lights that inspired "Desert Fish Brewery":
P1010845.jpg

P1010844.jpg

A shot inside with racks, shelves, AC and loads of junk:
P1010846.jpg

This shot gives a sense of how the back side of the Irish Coffin/draft box:
P1010847.jpg

Lots more work to be done, but it is well on its way!

Can you give me the dimensions of the cold room? What temp do you keep it at?
And if you had it to do over would you change anything. When I go to build mine I want to learn from everyone's mistakes.:D

Btw, I like it.

I'd also like to know what size you went with and how much are you budgeting for the whole buildout including the taps and air conditioning?

I am not looking forward to tap, mud and texture!

I hear you on that note. But you better just go ahead and bite the bullet and get it done. I know because I still haven't finished a wall in my livingroom for almost a year now. Too many things taking precidence over it I suppose. Nice walk-in cooler. One more thing to get jealous about. :D

BTW i like the rotary dial phone. Almost an antique?

Is that a rotary telephone? ;)

Looks great! I was worried that this might be a little small when you were describing it, but looks to be plenty big for what you need.

Can you give me the dimensions of the cold room? What temp do you keep it at?
And if you had it to do over would you change anything. When I go to build mine I want to learn from everyone's mistakes.:D

Btw, I like it.

The cold room is roughly 7' x 7' which was the space available. The framing lumber was free. So far I have about $650 in the project, not including the Coolbot controller which was a gift. I had the shelves and some other stuff like the door hardware. The solid core door is surplus from a Habit for Humanity ReStore ($6). The Fish light was a birthday gift. The Irish Coffin with its taps and beer engines was build a few years ago, the only change being the changing out of one of the forward seal faucets for a ebay purchase cider faucet (much like the old style Guinness faucet I am also using. Most of the expense has been the insulation and the interior boards.

It is wired for a neon from my old brewery and an old wall clock I have had around for a long time. Yes the phone is an old rotary model - got to love the avocado green! I works, however I have not figured out how to wire the bell.

Looks great, very jealous.

You keeping the room at lager temp?

Love the phone..."Hello Operator? Would you please connect me to Klondike-531?"

Latest posts

Back