Trying to figure out mouthfeel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylock

Reaction score
So I just cracked open a bottle after a week carbing (early I know but who could resist). It taste great, a little sweat but I was impressed. The mouth feel is something I cant quite put a finger on though. I get that muccasy feel in your mouth after drinking orange juice. Has anyone ever experienced anythinng like this before?

It could be because there is still sugar left in the beer from priming, it needs to ferment out to carbonate your beer. Another week will hopefully get rid of that. Good to know it tastes good though, thats the most important part.

It did have a higher FG so combined with the priming sugars could be the culprit

I have been told it is because it was an extract so it was 5 points to high.

This beer is going to be dangerous cause it makes you kind of thirsty, wanting another one.

It should change quite a bit in the next few weeks, for the better! It's hard to tell when it's young what the final characteristics will be.

If you used good brewing techniques, had good temperature control, pitched good yeast, and used quality ingredients, those are all important factors even beyond the actual recipe. Each brew is a learning experience!

Back