GABF Recomendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerHappy

Reaction score
Going to The Great American Beer Fest on thursday. I had swore I would never return after a bad year with stupid drunken jerks and an evil ex-girlfriend. Yes I plan to be drinkin pretty heavy but not gonna be falling down stupid. My buddy won a pro-am contest with his toasted cocount milk stout (ComonIwannalaya) and it is in the fest. So I decided to return. Anyone got any suggestions on breweries in it that I should go check out. Mostly want to see ones I wouldn't normally see here in Colorado, yes I love Avery but I can find there stuff all year long. So if you have any recommendations let me know. If you are attending thurs I will be there, Cheers!

So from all the help I've gotten it looks like Anheiser Busch Inbev, and Miller. I have also heard a lot of talk about this one called Blue Moon, maybe I can get that one in too, don't know if I will have time or not.

Make sure to seek out Schlitz as well. It may be hidden in a corner, behind a wall of brown paper, but definitely worth the effort.

Thats where im going when i get there, i want to try out the Light American Lager i hear its really popular. Honestly man just go have fun, if you havent heard of the brewery before go try it out. My plan is to just stroll and find things i havent ever heard of, just take in the atmosphere. Plus i got the wife to go along and get to bill it as a "work" trip.

Scratch brewing out of Ava Illinois is good, and my personal favorite from that area, Little Egypt Beer will be there also too. 3Floyds is there, and Destihl which has some nice sour/wild beers.

Cool thanks for the tips. If you are coming in some CO brewers I recomend are Gravity (everything I have had from them is good), Lost Highway for Belgians, Oddysey for their Ghost Drifter Pale/Clan Warrior scottish/Eye of Ra belgian golden. and of course Oskar Blues, Avery, Great Divide, Ska, and Odells. Cheers,
Hope it is a good time

Beachwood BBQ was one of my favorites from last year. Sam Adams KMF was also super good. Assume they will have it on again this year. Saint Archer also has some really good stuff.

Back