first time in a long time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzlater

Reaction score
Just brewed my first batch in a long time.
I thought it went pretty well.
oops just looked in box of brew stuff and found another 1 lb bag of DME I forgot to add.
I guess it's going to a little lighter then planed.
so this is what I ended up making. I guess it's a pale ale? or maybe a bitter????
4 lbs lme
2 lbs dme (extra light)
1 lb 40L crystal malt (steep @ 150 1/2 hour)
hops: 2 oz northern brewers 7.5% boil 1 hour
1 oz liberty 4% flavor 1/2 hour
1 oz liberty 4% aroma 3 minutes
danstar Nottingham yeast
Took about 4 hours for the air lock to start doing it's thing.
I do have a carboy for secondary don't know if I will bother with it though.
JUst had to share with someone.

Recently returned myself. It's good to be back. Tuesday will be three weeks in the bottle for my comeback batch, an all Amarillo pale. I lurked here for a week before brewing the second batch, and decided to have a brew day when I racked this beer to secondary so as to try pitching onto a yeast cake. I wanted to make an amber, but the roasted malt that I selected has taken this out of that style, at least after the taste at bottling. I'm still a little green at recipe formulation. I'm going to call it an "American Dark". A couple weeks after that it was on to batch three, the wife's formulation. It's a wheat with lime and mint. We'll see. I wanted to keep the batches coming as I'm a generous person and in the past I gave to much of what I brewed away and lost interest. This time I plan to invite folks out for tastings and am much more detirmined to keep the equipment busy. After the wife's beer is bottled I'll have my primary freed up and can get back after it. The hop shortage is really kicking this lupa-maniac in the butt, as is not having a larger carboy so as to make bigger beers. The only beers I have planned as of this moment require more equipment (Tripel, IIPA), so I'll just keep making session beer for now. And in Sept. I'm planning to finally put the cascade vine that I planted after my last batch into use for a harvest ale.

In case you can't tell...............I'M SO GLAD TO BE BREWING AGAIN!!!!!!

I'd call it a Pale. I need to clean up the brewery & get a batch or two going. Been working too much on the business, although I have managed to get the A/C installed in the cool room.

Back