Mineral Creek Brewery - Start to Finish e-HERMS basement electric brewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks KennyM. If I was not going to use LED indicator lights then the Auber SW3 should work right (Selector Switch, 3-Position Maintained 2 NO, 22mm)? Trying to save space on the enclosure so the indicators have to go. Just going to use tags and locate the switch as you have in your diagram.

My switch is a 2-position (HLT/MASH) but a 3-position could be used too. I used 2 NO and 2 NC switch blocks as I recommend switching both the + and - control leads from each of the two PID controllers. You could connect the - control leads together and save a set of switches but when I checked my PID controllers, the - control leads were not common with the power supply ground so I kept them separated. You can see all four of the switch blocks I used in the 2nd wiring diagram just above the HLT SSR relay in the thread I linked above.

Kenny

Sorry John, no manufacture name, model or any other identifying marks. It's a generic imported 16x16x8 stainless steel enclosure.

A few I found with a Google search are below:
https://store.solutionsdirectonline.com/16x16x8-stainless-steel-enclosure--en4sd16168ss-p2028.aspx

https://www.onlinecomponents.com/bu...fferal&utm_campaign=octopart&ref=OctopartFeed

Ok thanks for looking, I just order this one. It bigger than I need but for the price I will deal with the size.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T3NRBMK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job on all this. Was thinking of getting a rasp pints rolling and was sourcing materials. Do you have a model number for the SEA flow meters you are using?

Hi Antic,
I used SEA YF-S402 flow meters from eBay. They have 1/4" compression fittings so I adapted these to John Guest fittings to fit my Bev-Seal Ultra tubing.

Kenny

What a great build KennyM. Really nice job man. Hey I know it's been 3 years since the original post but it looks like you're still responding. Do you have any information on the make/manufacture of the little stainless bar rack system to the right of the sink in this pic:
IMAG1731.jpg

I'd love to find something exactly like this - particularly that the shelf bracket thing you have hanging from the bar. Same question about the magnetic containers under that. Any info you have on that stuff would be appreciated.

Again, killer job - hope you've been enjoying that space.

Thanks for the comments Nate. The stainless steel shelf just to the right of the sink is from eBay. Search “stainless steel shelf” and they have all sizes available.

The rack system, hooks and containers are from IKEA. Just do a Google search for IKEA Grundtal. I think I got mine from Amazon.

We’re due to brew again soon, it’s been too long.

Kenny

Back