West Coast Brewery Pilgrimage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leubega

Reaction score
Hey all, for memorial weekend I've been playing a little bit of a brewery road trip heading up the west coast starting tomorrow. I'm picking up the SWMBO in LA in the morning and then planning on heading north via the 101 and making pit stops at all the necessary hits along the way. We've already done most of San Diego so for the sake of driving were skipping this go round. So far the plan in order is:

The Bruery
Surf Brewing (a little hometown visit to a new shop)
Telegraph Brewing (grab from a bottle shop in Santa Barbara)
Firestone
Anchor Steam
21st Amendment
Lagunitas
Russian River
Bear Republic

Then heading back home depending on whether we want to kick out for boonville, north coast, etc. Anyone know of any must stops I'm missing along the way? Got 3 days to kill and plenty of collection space to fill

You need an appointment for an Anchor brewery tour (which sold out months ago bc of holiday wknd)- don't waste your time. There is no public tasting room.

Go to Toronado (legendary haight st bar), Magnolia brewery (haight), City Beer store (bottle shop, small tap room in SOMA) and Whole Foods' Steep n Brew in Potrero Hill.

RRBC is the best.

Back