stackable fermentation chambers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a 'spacer' would add to the amount of room needed for the kegs?

The purpose of the "spacer" in the original post is to allow for tapping two commercial kegs in the amount of floor space occupied by one (probably in a walk in cooler). Without the spacer you can't stack tapped kegs.

As far as the original posters question, directly adding the weight of one full glass carboy to the shoulder of another seems like a recipe for disaster. Gunner has the right idea.

Last year I switched all of my fermenters to the 6 gallon model of these. They're incredibly thick, cheap, light, strong, and durable. It's basically a win/win.

For the bottom stacked containers I drill a hole in the recess that houses the lidded opening, then threaded in a brass elbow with an o-ring on either side, finished with a nut. On the tops of the stacks, I cut out the center hole from the lid with a standard rubber stopper fitting quite nicely in the 1" or so channel.

Does this make sense or help at all?

I have used the keg stacker from KegWorks and they work great for kegs; probably not so well for carboys.

Latest posts

Back