Wyeast Activator Pack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga1ba2

Reaction score
Help Please:eek: Received my pumpkin ale kit from Midwest today. I activated the yeast this afternoon and thought I would brew tonight. The pack is nicely activated but I can't brew until tomorrow afternoon. Should I leave it at basement temperature 69f or refrigerate it until tomorrow? I do not intend on making a starter.

You're probably okay just leaving it at room temp, or you could alternatively chill it overnight and pull it out 4-5 hrs before brewing. I've only used the Activator pack once and hence don't have a lot of experience with them.

I leave them in the kitchen sink with a bar towel over them after an unfortunate incident in which the smack pack swelled up and burst a seam.

kornkob said:
I leave them in the kitchen sink with a bar towel over them after an unfortunate incident in which the smack pack swelled up and burst a seam.

Ouch... I had a smacker of Scottish ale that I thought was going to pop once, but I convinced myself that the pack could withstand the pressure fine. I guess I won't be making that assumption anymore.

I left my activator pack out at room temperature for 24 hours without any problems. Leaving it in the sink would be a good idea in case there is that 'unfortunate' event. :)

I would only get worried if it starts getting really taught.

Latest posts

Back