Single Parents I salute you!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
and wonder how you keep from being institutionalized!

Wife left yesterday for a conference. Won't be back 'til Sunday evening.

:fro:

Now normally I am with the kids the most as the stay at home parentage. Not 24-7 though! Has cut down on my drinking that is for sure. You would think it would be the opposite... :drunk: however, I can not let them get the upper hand though!

They'll eat me alive!

When my daughter was 4, my wife went on a week-long trip to visit a friend out of state. The first morning after he mother left, our daughter decided to get up before me... and give herself a haircut.

When my daughter was 4, my wife went on a week-long trip to visit a friend out of state. The first morning after he mother left, our daughter decided to get up before me... and give herself a haircut.

buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

oh crap, I better go check on them!

Has cut down on my drinking that is for sure. You would think it would be the opposite... :drunk: however, I can not let them get the upper hand though!

Maybe its time that the kids started to increase their drinking*

*Probably not time for the kids to start drinking

Um, yeah. I think my wife would probably not be pleased if a gave my 18 mo old and a 3.75 year old beer. Crazy, I know, but something tells me it is so.

:tank:

Our first child just turned 12 weeks today... and my wife goes back to work (nights) next week. Pray for me...

I've been doing solo-parenting on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, while the_Wife is at class. She basically doesn't see the_Bean except for a few minutes on the morning. Bean's at the age where she doesn't need constant supervision, but it's still a lot of work. Makes it tougher for me when I know I have a hard-and-fast deadline for getting out of the office at night, but the "Bean and Daddy" nights can be fun, too.

I can't wait until winter break, though!

Up until my younger one started school all day last year, I had both my girls at home every weekday until they went to daycare at 1 pm. It was fun most of the time, but hard all the time. When I am in my busy season, which is now, I'm often gone all weekend, either on the road or just working a lot, and my wife takes up where I left off.

We keep saying it will get easier as they get older. It doesn't. It just gets different.

Still, rewarding all the same. Stay at home parents have the hardest job imaginable.

Well, survived another day. Went to the children's science museum and was able to pick up some tasty brews for myself to boot!

Tried to go to the local brewpub for pizza since my son was asking for pizza again. They were closed. :(

Went to a regular pizza place that happened to serve the beer of the local brewpub. It came in a forsted BUD light glass. :mad:

One "tasty" brew I picked up tasty like salty worcestershire sauce a $2.50 bottle at that. :(

But, the kids are finally asleep and I am enjoying my second Harpoon imperial IPA (leviathan) (10% abv)

Course most everyone has left HBT now it seems :(

Ah well, 2 days to go. Sword fighting class with my 3.75 year old tomorrow. That should be interesting.

Man, I had to wait ALL day and now no one wants to play anymore! :mad:

Fine.

Time to look at some **** and go to bed lonely!

I just got my offspring to bed as well. I've noticed the same thing that the bar closes early here, at times.
I'm a single dad, so I know what you're dealing with. It does get easier, though....
sometimes. My daughter is only 9, so I've still got those ugly years ahead of me.
But I think I'm a pretty cool dad, so i hope I don't have too much crazy trouble waiting.

i've had the kid (going on 8) on my own for about the past six months. got her trained, but she's pretty independent as it is. she bathes/showers herself, brushes her teeth, dresses herself, brushes her hair, helps pack her lunch for school, helps make dinner, helps clean up... steals chickens and wallets... funny how they can grow up so quick.

I've been a single parent for 10 years now. 2 boys. The first few years they saw their mom week on, week off type thing then less and less. A lot of the trouble was after they had spent time with the mom but I learned to expect it and roll with it. Now that they are 14 and 16 they see her maybe one weekend a month. They've learned who and what she is and they understand her better now. It's had it's ups and downs but I would do it again under the same circumstances. Would I do things differently? Of course. So would my parents. :) I've grown up as well in some respects and yet have been able to still be a kid in others (as some of you can tell ;) ). In some respects I find it easier now to parent not having a SWMBO because it's one less person to worry about and allows me to focus more on the boys.

Back