Jimmy Johns and beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife loves Jimmy Johns and I tolerate it a couple times a year for her when we're around it. She's a veggie sub and I' a turkey tom. They don't serve beer :eek:

IrregularPulse said:
My wife loves Jimmy Johns and I tolerate it a couple times a year for her when we're around it. She's a veggie sub and I' a turkey tom. They don't serve beer :eek:

But they do deliver. pair your own beer

BILLY CLUB x2*extra mayo-*no tomato +*add peppers e-z onions e-z lettuce +*add sprouts e-z oil & vinegar e-z oregano and an american blonde ale

jimmy johns gave me wicked food poisoning.

~3 hours straight on the can, finally threw up, then passed out.

never again.

Jimmy Johns is one of are go to places while we brew since they deliver freaky fast. I went #9 with my Imperial Ancho Chocolate Stout last week, it was a nice pairing.

Yuck, their sandwiches have almost no flavor, i had two different sandwiches from different locations and both where a total waste of money.

You need to drink a LOT of Smithwick's have 4 or 5 Irish car bombs then sneak a car bomb out the door and into JJ literally the next door down from the Irish bar. Say something like," Iwannaroostbeevsammichwitjimmypeppersmustirdandwhatevajustmakitgoood." Seems to work out for me... ;)

For the record that is the only time I can handle or get JJ.

Wow. Some JJ haters. I love it and it is the best thing around here for a franchise type establishment. Italian Night Club with BEER. I typically prefer hoppy drier beers. Pinning one down is too hard. Don't make me decide!!

Hunter Club, no tomatoes, add sprouts. And I don't drink when I eat, never.

Do you mean alcohol or any liquid? Pairing can increase the enjoyment of the food. Especially for me with wine. It almost sparks the flavors so to speak.

Do you mean alcohol or any liquid? Pairing can increase the enjoyment of the food. Especially for me with wine. It almost sparks the flavors so to speak.

just alcohol. I've tried but every time I drink any kind alcohol with food it gives me indigestion/overall gross feeling. I can drink before a meal, and after, but at the same time it's game over :(

How bout a Jimmy john's Beer.....

http://www.brewprint.com/recipe/freaky+saison

Freaky Saison

80% 6.00 lbs French Loaf Bread (Jimmy John's)
7% 8.00 oz Rahr White Wheat Malt 60 min
7% 8.00 oz Rahr 2-Row Pale 60 min
3% 4.00 oz Caramel Malt - 15L (Maltexco)
3% 4.00 oz CaraHell
1.00 oz Spalt (German) Pellet Boil 5.8% 60 min
DCL Yeast SafBrew Specialty Ale (DCL Yeast #T-58)
1.00 oz Amylase Enzyme

Back