08-08-08 Brew. Let's start arguing it now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
8 malts
8 adjuncts
8 rests
8 hops
8 additions
8 gallons
8 rackings
88 IBU's
8 your momma's tooter

Might as well start the madness now.

jerkit.gif
joel3.gif

I agree in principle if not execution. I lost interest last year and this year due to the whole "too many cooks" syndrome, or at least trying to do too much with one beer. However, it does seem to generate a lot of interest and gets everybody engaged which isn't a bad thing. No reason an individual can't create their own 070707.

comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.jpg

BTW, I think it should spend 8 weeks in primary, 8 months in secondary with 8 herbs and spices, and 8 months in tertiary. That adds up to 1.5 years.

Baron von BeeGee said:
I agree in principle if not execution. I lost interest last year and this year due to the whole "too many cooks" syndrome, or at least trying to do too much with one beer. However, it does seem to generate a lot of interest and gets everybody engaged which isn't a bad thing. No reason an individual can't create their own 070707.

I'm quickly losing interest in the 7.7.7 because of the "Too Many Cooks". It's like when I went through an experimental phase with chili and I started throwing in a buch of stuff. It ended up tasting terrible. Finally, I had to revert to the basics and make little refinements.

I think the 7.7.7 has gotten out of hand. There's little consideration to how the end product will taste.

I tried the 6.6.6. No offense to Rhoobarb, but he and everyone else knows it's pretty bad. Too many ideas being thrown in. Too many ingredients. Too many flavors.

Yeah, I feel mostly the same about the 07.07.07 beer. I will make one, but it likely will not be what everyone else is making, just in the same spirit.

I will be making another Imperial Hellfire this summer with some tweaks, and using PacMan.

- magno

The polls would be a little bit less ridiculous if they asked basic questions, like "malty beer, pale ale, or IPA?" instead of "which seven-hop addition would you prefer?"

Cheesefood said:
I'm quickly losing interest in the 7.7.7 because of the "Too Many Cooks"...

...I tried the 6.6.6. No offense to Rhoobarb, but he and everyone else knows it's pretty bad...

Same here on the losing interest, as well as last years recipe being bad. I have 4.75 gallons of mine left, which tastes like rocket fuel because all of the honey fermented out too quickly. Also, the smoke didnt come through at all, and the flavors went abstract. But, even though it was way less than perfect, at least the process of compiling it was a lot easier.

I know it's contrary to the 07.07.07 "spirit," but I've pretty much decided to brew Brewsmith's grain bill, with 28 IBUs of Northern Brewer at 60 minutes, and a yet-to-be-determined yeast. If that's the final 07.07.07 brew, great - if not, I'll have a better-tasting brew that what will likely result.

Cheesefood said:
I tried the 6.6.6. No offense to Rhoobarb, but he and everyone else knows it's pretty bad. Too many ideas being thrown in. Too many ingredients. Too many flavors.
I personally never cared for my version but I brought it to tasting night at the LHBS twice and folks raved over it. It was easily the most popular beer there. The 1/2 gallon growler was drained quickly both times.

It sounds like 07.07.07 is dying so I'm going to figure out something else to brew.

I think I'll do for 7.7.7 what I did for 6.6.6..... sit around and largely ignore the thread(s). Occasionally ask someone how theirs turned out, and listen to the poor review.

:mug:

-walker

Back