Cleaning Used Corny Kegs with gun cleaning brushes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
I have a couple of used corny's. I plan on getting more. I will be doing kegging my first batch next week.

I assume I should soak the keg in oxyclean for a a couple days I should take the posts apart and soak them and the lid in oxyclean too.

I don't have a dip tube brush but would a gun cleaning brush I use for cleaning my .22 rifle work just as well? With a clean brush on it of course.

Give it a shot. Just don't make the mistake of soaking it in Hoppes first. Can't even fathom how bad that would taste. ;)

To test the size without buying a new brush, just stick the head of a .22 in there and see how the fit is.

I own guns and that solution for cleaning guns..well. See how well you can get it off, i'd buy a new brush would hate to have your keg taste like gun oil.

oh in that case just put a new brush into it. I usually have only seen them with metal brushes so not sure if the inside would get all scratched up

Back