heard from rogue about pacman

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
So I emailed rogue about using their pacman yeast to ferment a barley wine. here is the response I received
I hope you didn’t mean this past weekend! Sorry, I try to answer as quickly as possible but can’t get to things same day lots of times. L I talked to John and while a lot of the beers do ferment at lower temps, the Barleywine is actually fermented at around 70. So, try that and let us know how it turns out! Thanks so much for writing. Were you able to get your yeast from the VSS program at Wyeast or did you culture from a bottle? Just curious.
I had the beer at 61 over night and woke up to this email this morning so I turned my temp controller to 68 and turned my heater on. It is now at 68 and fermenting strong, first time I have ever had to use a blow off tube. The 2 oxygen injections appear to have done this one well :D

Rogue is pretty cool about helping out homebrewers. If you ever listen to interviews with John Mayer, he is so laid back about everything.

Eric

this is the most intense fermentation I have ever seen, So much blow off. Guess it was the big starter (1.8 liter stirred with 2 smack packs) the oxygen injections (one before putching and one 6 hours later and the og of 1.130

Back