Squall 90 Minute IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wscott823

Reaction score
This one isn't like most Dogfish Head IPA's, which are among my favorites for the style. The initial stats led me to believe it'd be an easily drinkable beer, instead this beer deserves time taken to enjoy the complexity behind.

Edit: Aging brings out the best in this brew. Hop flavors are definitely better balanced with the maltiness. Once warming up to room temp the cloying nature starts to return, but still an enjoyable sipping beer.

063009_054.jpg

This is easily my favorite brew from Dogfish, and I've had nearly all of them multiple times being a nearby resident of the brewpub. It's a wonderfully drinkable IPA that has strong citrusy and tropical flavors that I usually don't find in most IPA's.

It says it's a 90min on the bottle. Is it the same as 90 min? I love 90 min! But what's the difference?

Can you explain? I really want to start brewing but haven't found the time yet. When you say " conditioned" what do u mean?

Personally I like it more than 90 minute IPA. It seems to have more of hop presence that I really enjoy.
I also noticed that clone recipes for squall have a totally different hop bill then clones of 90 min. Don't know how true either is to the actual recipe but thought that was interesting.

I really enjoy hoppy beers. I really like DHF 60,90, and 120...so I have a few bottles of this I luckily scored. I live in TN and we don't get a lot of good stuff here. In aging a few bttoles of squall and then drinking anothrer tomorrow. Im pretty excited, but I will post a review.

Back