Who has the link to those kegging calculations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonvolt

Reaction score
. . . that help a homebrew set up a balanced system? For instance, aren't there guidelines for determining how many feet of gas and liquid line I should have depending upon CO2 volume, etc.?

Any suggestions you all have for helping me set up my system would be great. Currently, I have a 20 lb CO2 tank and two corny kegs filled with ale and conditioning. Tomorrow or Monday's mail will bring a CO2 regulator, gas and beer connections, a lot of gas and beer tubing, and a picnic tap.

Until I get a refrigerator that I can drill into, I am going to use this system for "special events" either keeping the kegs on ice during a party or putting the whole setup in my garage fridge until my wife yells at me to get it out.

Any thoughts?

Here you go. This is the best one that I have found. I have two different styles of beer and a root beer on tap at three different pressures with three different lengths of 3/16" beer line. Everything is balanced, I carbonate and serve with out adjusting pressures, and my pours are perfect on all three taps.

John

Draft system line balancing

For those of us who are merely splitting CO2 between 2 kegs, I have read from a couple places that you can force carb based on temp. and volumes of CO2 at the given pressure, and once carbed back off to serving pressure. These resources (http://www.leeners.com/kegginghow2.html) for example say that once you back off to serving pressure, your system will of course move back to equilibrium, but that this process if very slow. Well my question...how slow is it? I'm just curious as this will likely be my method for the time being...

clayof2day said:
For those of us who are merely splitting CO2 between 2 kegs, I have read from a couple places that you can force carb based on temp. and volumes of CO2 at the given pressure, and once carbed back off to serving pressure. These resources (http://www.leeners.com/kegginghow2.html) for example say that once you back off to serving pressure, your system will of course move back to equilibrium, but that this process if very slow. Well my question...how slow is it? I'm just curious as this will likely be my method for the time being...
I'd say it will balance just as fast as it did when you first carbonated it. It normally takes around five to seven days to carbonate...so I'd say it would be around that same time to adjust to a lower carbonation level when you back off the pressure.

This is just me talking though. I've never tried it and don't want the bother. I just consult the tables, set my pressure then wait - about a week later, I just serve and don't play with my pressure settings. Why bother?

Back