Colorado Springs (Waldo Fire)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
If you know anyone in the area. I will be praying for them The Waldo fire is now in the city limits and they are evacuating the Air Force Academy and the Rockrimmon area... Wishing everyone thew best..

From a friend's friend FB page this evening.

396927_482687205079120_1685751888_n-55350.jpg

I was supposed to head up there, and up Ute Pass (Highway 24) tomorrow to visit my folks.

Apparently the Flying W ranch has burned down and approx. 25 structures are ablaze.

252783_10151845791690640_1639364051_n.jpg

548018_10151855125850640_1828450340_n.jpg

396914_10151855405195640_1547241551_n.jpg

A friend of mine graduated from AF Academy, he said the VoQ, O-Club, and base Hospital are in the area being evacuated, and the football stadium is not far away.

Here is a Pic he sent me from the cadet area

6da5d50a.jpg

6a14c10e.jpg

Lots of homes on fire...the weather/winds couldn't have turned any more perfectly for this "perfect storm"......cray to watch this and see the scope.

I just heard the apartments on Delmonico have burned. That is less than a mile from my parents old house... What an absolute mess so many people are losing everything they have...

Wow, crazy pictures. Got family living near Garden of the Gods, though I hear their house is "ok".

They are having structure to structure ignition now. according to the Colorado Springs Gazette

m68nkc-m68niywaldoslurrypicreis.jpg

m69250-m6922smtnshadows1.jpg

m69b6m-m69b63062612wildfire5962.jpg

Its so surreal. I am pretty far from the flaims and its hard to breath outside. I have several coworkers that are close enough that they could potentially loose their homes. Its really kinda scary.

yes I agree this is the description of the suspect.
Teller County arson suspect .Description: 6 feet tall. 200lbs, shaved head, possibly blond. Driving a 90's silver 4 door Toyota Camry. Call Teller Sheriff's Office at 719-784-3411.

KKTV retracted that last statement I posted about a suspect...sorry friends. :(

Its so surreal. I am pretty far from the flaims and its hard to breath outside. I have several coworkers that are close enough that they could potentially loose their homes. Its really kinda scary.

Sorry to hear it. But glad your home seems to be safe. I have a friend I am getting my info from that lives off of the Flying W ranch road. She is pretty sure it has been burned.

snccoulter said:
yes I agree this is the description of the suspect.
Teller County arson suspect .Description: 6 feet tall. 200lbs, shaved head, possibly blond. Driving a 90's silver 4 door Toyota Camry. Call Teller Sheriff's Office at 719-784-3411.

KKTV retracted that last statement I posted about a suspect...sorry friends. :(

I didn't even know they were settled on arson yet but I'm not surprised considering when and where it started.

snccoulter said:
Sorry to hear it. But glad your home seems to be safe. I have a friend I am getting my info from that lives off of the Flying W ranch road. She is pretty sure it has been burned.

I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts go out to your friend.

I hope all you guys in Colorado are staying safe.

We had all those wild fires last year and it was terrible.

The fire has doubled in size from last night
From the Gazette
MANDATORY EVACUATIONS:

-- In Colorado Springs, all areas north of Garden of the Gods Road between I-25 and western city limits.

-- The Holland Park neighborhood, west of Centennial Boulevard between Fillmore Street and Garden of the Gods.The neighborhood east of Centennial is not under evacuation orders.

-- The north and south sides of U.S. Highway 24 from the Teller County line east to Waldo Canyon. This includes the communities of Green Mountain Falls, Chipita Park and Cascade.

-- Douglass Valley and Pine Valley housing areas on the Air Force Academy.

-- Cedar Heights, a gated community west of the Garden of the Gods.

-- Rampart Range Road.

-- Kissing Camels area which includes south of Garden of the Gods Road, west of Centennial Blvd., east of 30th Street, north of Fillmore St., and Fontmore Road. This includes the area of the Holland Park neighborhood west of Centennial. Right now Holland Park, east of Centennial, is not under an evacuation order.

--The City of Woodland Park, east of State Highway 24 from Crystola to Baldwin St./Rampart Range Rd. to the Teller County Border at Loy Creek; west of Highway 24 and South of Aspen Garden Way, Rodeo Way, Ranch Drive, Mane Stree, CR231/West Street intersecting Highway 24, West on Highway 24 to Edlowe Rd., and South on Edlowe Road, to include the subdivisions of Ranch Estates and Holiday Hills; all residences north of a line from Crystola to Catamount Estates (off of CR 281).

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/north-140756-mountain-evacuations.html#ixzz1z1lDYe00

I hear the wiinds were suppose to come in with some thunder boomers but some rain is suppose to be coming in also. I wish your inlaws the best..

My buddy lives right there about 1/2 mile from Garden of the Gods... he and his wife are in Denver at his folks house. They are nervous as it's inching closer and closer to where their home is.

Latest posts

Back