Cheapest Suppliers for Common Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
March pump is $1 cheaper at Brewmasters Warehouse (AHB $7.99 shipping, BMW $6.99 shipping)

Anyone just starting out might want to take a look at:

discount brewing equipment, brew kits, wort chillers, brew kettles, beer supplies

All you'd need is a campstove/turkey fryer, water and a kit and you're brewing beer!

yhst-57573664908531_2057_345563

Ultimate Starter Kit with Brewpot and Chiller

Item# ultimate-starter-kit-with-brewpot-and-chiller
Regular price: $69.99
Sale price: $64.99

Product Description

This is everything you need and then some to get started making beer at home.

New Kit contains:
6.5 gal brewing bucket with lid drilled and grommeted for airlock,
6.5 gal bottling bucket w/spigot,
sanitizer,
rack and bottling kit,
capper,
hydrometer,
fermometer,
brewers hand book
plus a 16qt stainless pot and wort chiller!
This is complete!

PS: 6 bucks...flat shipping!

+1 on removing kegkits.com from the list, and on making this sticky.
Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com - Home Brew Forums

Chicompany.net for corny kegs. I like midwestsupplies.com as a good source for most items, but in particular I think they were the cheapest (including shipping) that I could find Better Bottles. Williams pre-assembled Perlick/shank/etc is a very good deal too, as someone already mentioned.

Not sure if you want to include consumables on the list or not, but brewmasterswarehouse.com is my preferred source for ingredients, and I got my barley mill there too. Hopsdirect for bulk hops.

This NEEDS to be a sticky...I would have saved so much money on my initial setup...Definately going to be purchasing from this site in the future...STICKY! :rockin:

Stainless brew pots
MoreBeer- 8g
MoreBeer-15g

These are the cheapest by almost $30 when including shipping and lids.

These are the same pots sold by Nothern Brewer and Austin Homebrew. I will match or beat any delivered price on the pots just let me know.

Same goes for March pumps if you have the same model we have (809HS) with a bracket and cord.

Forrest

Anyone just starting out might want to take a look at:

discount brewing equipment, brew kits, wort chillers, brew kettles, beer supplies

All you'd need is a campstove/turkey fryer, water and a kit and you're brewing beer!

yhst-57573664908531_2057_345563

Ultimate Starter Kit with Brewpot and Chiller

Item# ultimate-starter-kit-with-brewpot-and-chiller
Regular price: $69.99
Sale price: $64.99

Product Description

This is everything you need and then some to get started making beer at home.

New Kit contains:
6.5 gal brewing bucket with lid drilled and grommeted for airlock,
6.5 gal bottling bucket w/spigot,
sanitizer,
rack and bottling kit,
capper,
hydrometer,
fermometer,
brewers hand book
plus a 16qt stainless pot and wort chiller!
This is complete!

PS: 6 bucks...flat shipping!

Does anyone know if this guy is still in business? I ordered this kit and some other things 2 wks ago, and can't even get a email answered. I'm not trying to cause trouble just want to know I didn't throw 100 bucks down a hole. Help?

Does anyone know if this guy is still in business? I ordered this kit and some other things 2 wks ago, and can't even get a email answered. I'm not trying to cause trouble just want to know I didn't throw 100 bucks down a hole. Help?

I was just about to make an order from there myself.. Any luck?

I was just about to make an order from there myself.. Any luck?

Nope. I have waited almost a month formy gear. He drafted my acct for pmnt. He won't return my emails,and won't answer his phone. Si I started a claim with paypal. I hope they can resolve this.

Nope. I have waited almost a month formy gear. He drafted my acct for pmnt. He won't return my emails,and won't answer his phone. Si I started a claim with paypal. I hope they can resolve this.

I bought a wort chiller from him about 5 weeks ago. I never got a notification that it was shipped but it did arrive(and the invoice was signed with a thanks). I did email him after but never received a response. Hope it works out for you.

I bought a wort chiller from him about 5 weeks ago. I never got a notification that it was shipped but it did arrive(and the invoice was signed with a thanks). I did email him after but never received a response. Hope it works out for you.

How long did it take ?

I think it was about a week and a half. I believe he is in Canada, so the shipping for that much stuff may just take longer.

I ordered a wort chiller from this Brewster Brown guy as well. I got a notification that my payment went thru, but nothing on shipment. I sent him an e-mail a few days later and then another one a week after that. Still nothing. Based on some prior posts here it seems that he doesn't respond to e-mails, but the stuff comes at some point. The price was right, so I'm hoping it works out. This may not be his full time job, but a min level of customer service would be nice...

I'll keep you posted on my results.

I wish I saw this thread earlier because I'm having the same problems with Brewster Brown. I ordered a brewpot and chiller over 3 weeks ago and never received any shipping notifications, email replies, or responses to my phone calls. He never responded to the paypal claim either.

I really wanted that equipment too.

Well paypal came through. I got my money back at least. No clue what this guys deal is though. To bad, great prices **** service.

Paypal didn't come through for me. They decided the claim in my favor, but they couldn't get me a refund.

Oxygenation and Aeration Systems
Does anyone have good place for these?
I need an inline or stone

Oxygenation and Aeration Systems
Does anyone have good place for these?
I need an inline or stone

depends if you are talking about the throw away oxygen bottles or not. If that is the case:
Oxygenation Partial System | MoreBeer

If your are talking about with a adjustable regulator, I found ebay the best source. I got a 20CF tank for $35 and a medical regulator for $30

+1 on removing kegkits.com from the list, and on making this sticky.
Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com - Home Brew Forums

Good LORD I'm glad I found this thread, and that you posted that link, read all 22 pages, have never ordered anything from there but am quite angry with it all. And I would be totally amazed, and even more pissed if that man is still doing business.

Someone probably posted this already but back on topic:
The cheapest (good quality) hops around, with fast, reliable shipping = www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com

I ordered a wort chiller from this Brewster Brown guy as well. I got a notification that my payment went thru, but nothing on shipment. I sent him an e-mail a few days later and then another one a week after that. Still nothing. Based on some prior posts here it seems that he doesn't respond to e-mails, but the stuff comes at some point. The price was right, so I'm hoping it works out. This may not be his full time job, but a min level of customer service would be nice...

I'll keep you posted on my results.

Sounds like kegkits all over again. If it was me, I would stay away.

Anyone know of good deals on Ball Lock Corny Kegs? I saw some about a month ago for 4 used ball lock kegs for 62.50 but can't seem to find any for less than 30 a piece now

Does anyone have an update to these pages? Building a new brewery design for a winter project looking for deals.

Back