Ingredients On BeerSmith Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maveric777

Reaction score
I went ahead and purchased BeerSmith last night due to rave reviews from a lot of folks here at HBT. I am attempting (unsuccessfully) to make recipe's from my MoreBeer.com spreadsheet (the ingredient list, and times sheet packed with the kit). I am finding a lot of ingredients on my sheet not listed in the selection of ingredients given in the program. I am still very new and don't know enough information about the particular item to create a new addition to it.

Whats fresh on my mind right now is the fact I cant find Crystal Malt 40L any where on the list. I also ran into an issue of finding Black Roasted malt on the list last night.

I recently downloaded BeerSmith so I am thinking I have the most current additions to the program. Am I wrong? Or am I just a tard that cant find the ingredients?

Just getting a little frustrated here and looking for a little help. Thanks for any input....:(

I don't own the program, so I'm not sure if this helps, but does it have Caramel Malt? Crystal Malt and Caramel Malt are one-in-the-same.

Yes, BM lists Caramel/Crystal - 40L.
Black roasted barley isnt listed, so I added a new grain with the same attributes as Roasted Barley and changed the color to what was on the bag - 675L.

Thanks for clearing the Crystal malt up for me Reno....And Ego, I'll definitely try that for the Black Roasted barley.

Thanks for the help yall.....

Back