The (ghetto) brewery is coming together...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am finally getting my act together.

Cleared out an area in the garage for my brewing equipment, and when the brew rig is done I'll be able to brew in (well just outside) the garage and have everything I need right there. I'll be able to mill grain out there, fill water, clean carboys, etc. The stand will be welded this week and next weekend. That'll be the finisher. Then the brewery will be the way I want it until we buy our house and I have a dedicated room.
This effort will certainly be coming a LONG way from when I started though. :rockin:

The brew area (garage door is off to the right, and the stand will be rolled in and out:

brewery.jpg

The dedicated brewing/hop freezer (5.0 cubic feet chest freezer):

hopfreezer.jpg

Damn man, whos truck did you have to borrow to get all that crap outta there? :D

Lookin' good. Please keep us (esp. me :D) posted on the stand.

Finally got to see the house today. Boy, is there some brewing potential there. :D

A milling station?
A dedicated hop freezer?

Ghetto I think not! (I do dig the Miller High Life Box on the shelf, +5 Ghetto points)

That looks like the makings of one very sweet minimicrobrewery.

never underestimate the champaign of bottled beers!!!

that little plastic table is where you write your recipes in crayon right? ;)

You shoud consider yourself lucky to have a garage to brew in, let alone a dedicated room when you get your new house. I've got everything crammed into the closet of my apartment where the washer and dryer are supposed to go!

Good luck with your stand Dude.

BrewBrothaRick said:
A milling station?
A dedicated hop freezer?

Ghetto I think not! (I do dig the Miller High Life Box on the shelf, +5 Ghetto points)

That looks like the makings of one very sweet minimicrobrewery.

Thanks. The milling station is done and automated completely now. I rigged the valley mill to a shelf that sits over a 5 gallon bucket, and now I can fill the hopper up and let er rip with the cordless drill. Milling takes a few minutes. Awesome.

Beermaker said:
A 12 pack of Miller High Life?

What's wrong with that? :p :rockin:

t1master said:
never underestimate the champaign of bottled beers!!!

that little plastic table is where you write your recipes in crayon right? ;)

Yep. You should see my recipe archive. My kids are jealous. :ban:

Looks pretty sweet. I wish I had a setup like that! Ditto on the Miller High Life.

Back