Bru'n water with Brew Easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotbags-10

Reaction score
Asked in the brew easy thread but didn't get anything. Wondering how to make my salt additions. Since its full volume mashing do I just put my full water volume in the mash water portion? My only concern with this is the mash water is split between two kettles that recirculate with this system.

Yeah, that makes sense. Set BWS to 0 sparge water volume. Even if the water is in two vessels, the circulation will blend the ion content. I would add it when the liquor is cold and then heat it up.

Asked in the brew easy thread but didn't get anything. Wondering how to make my salt additions. Since its full volume mashing do I just put my full water volume in the mash water portion? My only concern with this is the mash water is split between two kettles that recirculate with this system.

I've wondered about this also, half of the total water volume is in contact with the grist. If the total water volume is 10 gallons... 5 gallons is in the mash tun and 5 gallons in the kettle. It doesn't make sense to use the full volume of 10 gallons as the mash water volume.

To me, it seems the proper way to plug in the numbers, using the above as an example. Use 5 gallons as the mash volume, and 5 gallons as sparge.

My brain's not working. I'm trying to understand the practical concept of what's going on.

I believe it can work both ways. As total volume = mash volume, or split as mash + sparge.

Help.

Back