Drying tubing and other tubular items

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilsPhan84

Reaction score
Alright guys, just a quick question for all of you pros.

How does everybody dry their hoses after cleaning? Do you get water spots once dry? What's the secret?

Also, suggestions on dryin the inside of auto siphons and bottle fillers?

Thanks for the brains ahead of time!

~Adam~

Blast everything with hot water, then drench with StarSan. Let things dry as best they can, then hit with StarSan next time you use the items.

Water spots and moisture in tubing, nothing to worry about in my opinion.

Good to go.

Thank man. That's what I've been doing buy just wanted to check and see if there was anything different y'all did..

Adam-

If you want a fast dry, whip the hoses around over your head - just watch out for when it hits you in the face. I tried the whip method and decided it was not worth the effort.

And don't do it next to the valuable stuff on the shelf!

After I get the tubing and autosiphon clean and rinsed, I run a little distilled water through them so they dry with no spots - not really necessary, but I just don't like spots.

After brewing I rinse my hoses with tap water then hang them to dry. They don't fully dry out before the next time I use them. I always run a fresh batch of star san through them again just prior to using each time.

Isn't there a song about this?

I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH I WHIP MY HOSE BACK AND FORTH

If you want a fast dry, whip the hoses around over your head - just watch out for when it hits you in the face. I tried the whip method and decided it was not worth the effort.

And don't do it next to the valuable stuff on the shelf!

Do you look like this when you do it? I might have to make a field trip...lmao!!!:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, maybe after my next brew day I can get my girl to whip it around for me..

I gotta say, I came outta the comedy club last night after lmao watching Patrice Oneal, started reading some of these replies and couldn't stop laughing

Latest posts

Back