3 children compared to 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 boys. The advantages are tremendous over having only 2. For one, you have a democracy. What movie, what kind of ice cream, everything can be put to a majority vote (of course I have veto status). The other thing is, when I was growing up my brother and I would conspire and get away with all kinds of crap. Not so with 3. There is always going to be a weak link, one of them is always going to rat the other two out. Plus if two of them are arguing/tattling, you can usually get the real story out of the 3rd. I see nothing but advantages. I wish I had one more sibling growing up.

Well said, Bottlebomber! As a fellow father-of-three, I can enthusiastically affirm your reasoning!

3 helpers makes a perfect Wash, Sanitize and Rinse line
removing labels from bottles ... or, putting labels on bottles, goes faster
crushing the grapes is faster and funner with 3 in the barrel
picking and sorting apples goes quicker
perhaps one to tip the carboy, one to hold the siphon hose and one to fill the bottles
more hands to hold the grain bag or pour water while sparging
more help crushing/dumping grain
3 sets of eyes to watch for boilovers
more help stirring ... and three potential shifts
more enthusiastic helpers when daddy needs another beer

I see nothing but advantages.

If you count another $300,000 flowing out of your bank account an advantage, sure. If you call reducing the individualized attention your first two children receive from you by 50% an advantage, agreed. I'm firmly in the two camp. I won't even touch the overpopulation angle. :D

Yes go for three and fours not a chore. Live life with each one of them it's a lot of fun. And once they grow up with your guidance and counseling. Your questions will turn around and you won't be a pouncing :)o) You'll have wonderful kids and your life will be.. very rich man.. I'm sure this you can see! :D

bigbeergeek said:
I'm firmly in the two camp. I won't even touch the overpopulation angle. :D

Sure hope you had that little adjustment made... That Murphy is a tricky fellow, especially when you go around saying stuff like this ;)

Back