my copper manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrtt78

Reaction score
I made my manifold out of copper and it is a perfect fit. however the bulkhead fitting for the drain hits the bottom of the manifold. could i remove the peice it hits without a problem? there are no slots cut in this peice and no drain it is just a connector. i was thinking of replacing the t joints w/ elbows to elminiate the peice it hits. would it hurt efficiency? would it make lautering any harder? my other option is to shorten the entire thing. also i was looking thru palmer's book and he said to leave space on the sides i did not do this. is that a problem? i will try to post a picture later. thanks.

o also it just sits on the ground right? the joints keep it just off the bottom, is this ok?

I think a picture or two will help...its kinda hard to visualize.

The manifold doesn't need to be perfect. Also, the weight of the water/grains will hold it in place firmly on the bottom of the cooler.

Cheers.

The shape of your manifold and its relationship to the sides of the mash tun is very important if you are fly sparging because of the way diffusion and drainage occurs, it doesn't matter if you are batch sparging.

Gonna need pics to really help you out.

Don't over think the maniofld thingy. As long as it drainds out your valve and has lots of slit cut...you'll be fine. Also, make sure the slit you cut are on the underside of the pipe, otherwise the grains will simply compact on top of th slits and clog your manifold.

Back